[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone watched the Infinite Jest movie starring Jason Segel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: jason_segel_dfw.jpg (283 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
jason_segel_dfw.jpg
283 KB, 620x412
Has anyone watched the Infinite Jest movie starring Jason Segel?
>>
Yes, I actually really loved it!

Totally recommend.
>>
It's garbage. Didn't capture well DFW at all.
>>
Touching film with a great performance by Segel, who completely outweighed that obnoxious Jew Eisenberg's performance. Went in expecting to hate it and left with a stolen redbox dvd.
>>
>>7631046
Eisenberg is a great actor, why so much hate
>>
>>7630994
Just watched it a few days ago on a plane, it may have been the sleep deprivation but it's now one of the only two movies that has made me cry

>that last shot
>>
>>7631105
I felt he overplayed his nervousness to such a degree that it felt disingenuous and irritating.
>>
>>7631108
I can only imagine that you're talking about Eisenberg and as someone who gets that nervous sometimes I can tell you he was pretty spot on
>>
>>7631112
Oh no, I quoted the wrong guy. My bad, friend.
>>
>>7631105
I seen it on a flight too. Whats with all these airlines showing it?
>>
>>7631123
There are some fucking weird options nowadays, that insane (but fantastic) arthouse film Under The Skin is on most flights too
>>
>>7631128
Jesus christ. How can you willingly type this post out. Fuck off.
>>
>>7631134
For fuck's sake, insane relative to what you'd expect to be shown on an airplane, you fucking disgusting mongrel bitch.

I'm aware that Under the Skin is tame compared to whatever anti-narrative film experiments you'd probably love to list for me are.
>>
>>7631134
>>7631140
Are you tsundere sissy boys gonna kiss for me or what?
>>
>>7631108
>I felt he overplayed his nervousness to such a degree that it felt disingenuous and irritating.

Absolutely this.
>>
>>7631108
Can't comment on Eisenberg or the dude he's playing, but DFW was pretty much as nervous and as locked in thoughts as he was in the movie.
>I feel like I should offer you tea
>>
>tfw all these plebs don't realize that DFW's "nervousness" was all posturing
>>
>>7630994
he'll be on a tv matinee special where he deserves soon enough. the man was a joke, claiming sincerity while spitefully suiciding, he's a little bitch, and only little bitches idolize him.
>>
i'm watching it now. already read the source material so not that interesting, but I like Eisenberg's character more that DFW.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.