[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Psycho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: american-psycho-book-cover-01.jpg (50 KB, 600x918) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho-book-cover-01.jpg
50 KB, 600x918
Did you like this book? Also, did you like the movie?
>>
>>7630893
after watching the movie I actually understood what it was about
>>
Great movie, better book! A bit edgy, but that's okay as long as it wans't being edgy for the sake of being edgy.
>>
>>7630893
Awesome movie, book has to be taken with a grain of salt to stop the reader from throwing it into a bin.
>>
File: bateman-4.jpg (17 KB, 601x338) Image search: [Google]
bateman-4.jpg
17 KB, 601x338
A-alright I guess.
>>
>>7630893
Yet to read it; movie is astounding.
>>
I liked it when I read it at 17
>>
The movie was good, the book was bloated (imo).
>>
Both are wonderful. The book is masterfully written and funnier than the movie. Bale was perfect though.
>>
>>7630893

DFW didn't so no
>>
Every one of you is full of shit. I would like to recommend more books on your level, like John Dies at the End and Fight Club
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>7632058
Both excellent books. JDATE is as funny as Confederacy, suck my cock. What's anyone's problem with Fight Club? It has never been articulated.
>>
Both are great, I prefer the film though. It has a certain character to it that charms me every time.
>>
>>7632067
>>7632067
>hat's anyone's problem with Fight Club? It has never been articulated.

It seems its the type of people reading it who they despise (somewhat valid argunent) than so much the book (which is a fine book) but people take out their hatred of the fanbase on the book as a scapegoat.
>>
File: 1452827812607.jpg (268 KB, 736x721) Image search: [Google]
1452827812607.jpg
268 KB, 736x721
>>7630893
I loved the book but after reading it, I'd be disappointed in myself if I'm not able to afford a nice apartment in nyc, the ability to frequent expensive restaurants, and nice clothing by age 30.
>>
>>7631883
lol same

might go reread it
>>
>>7632749
>disappointed in myself
But Patrick Bateman inherited his money.
>>
I finished the book and am now annotating it, I think the quote from Notes From The Underground at the beginning of the book really ties in with the narrative. Ellis isn't attempting to explain why yuppy narcissism is a social phenomena, he's just documenting it. In that way he's not so much of a moralist, as are some satirists, but he's just taking a step back and analyzing his society
>>
File: PB34.gif (3 MB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
PB34.gif
3 MB, 350x255
Also is American Psycho the book pomo?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.