[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a book, not an actual book I have read and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
I'm looking for a book,
not an actual book I have read and can't find; but a book I haven't ever seem that if exists I would love to read.

I'm looking for a price of Fantastical Fiction, hopefully and adventure novel, most important is that I want it to be sent in a different world, not a parallel universe or on a newly discovered planet. A world that is vastly different from ours but the characters pay no mind to it due to our world existing at all, maybe the main character notices the whimsy.
>>
>>7629515
>price
>and
>sent
>>
File: 208-d.jpg (1 MB, 1134x932) Image search: [Google]
208-d.jpg
1 MB, 1134x932
Strange cities and unexplainable breaks in the laws of nature. Buildings on the backs of animals or whole city's for that matter
>>
>>7629519
I'm not following.
>>
File: 1453876372604-1069148122.jpg (946 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1453876372604-1069148122.jpg
946 KB, 2560x1440
>>7629521
Kalpa Imperial is the closest thing I've ever read; but then still not quite enough.
>>
>>7629515
City of Saints and Madmen by Jeff VanderMeer
Perdido Street Station by China MiƩville
>>
>>7629574
Thank you so much, these both look great.
>>
File: img_8010.jpg (151 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
img_8010.jpg
151 KB, 500x375
Maybe try Moers, but i don't really get your >> the characters pay no mind to it due to our world existing at all, maybe the main character notices the whimsy

In Moers universe "the real world" somehow exists but elsewhere, in another time, who cares, there is much to deal with regardless.
>>
>>7629515
>I'm looking for a book,
>not an actual book I have read and can't find; but a book I haven't ever seem that if exists I would love to read.

If on a winter's night a traveler - Calvino

>>7629521
>Strange cities and unexplainable breaks in the laws of nature.

Invisible Cities - Calvino
>>
>>7630701
this book is desperately waiting for you to read it
>>
File: FF6_Green.jpg (125 KB, 646x1071) Image search: [Google]
FF6_Green.jpg
125 KB, 646x1071
>>7629515

In this book YOU are the hero
>>
>>7629529
You misspelt multiple words, resulting in a confusing and convoluted question that is difficult to answer.
>>
>>7630704
top post
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.