[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is metamodernism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
What is metamodernism?
>>
Some made up bullshit
>>
Postmodernism done ironically. Like a satire of deconstructionism.
>>
>>7629431
this response sounds sincere, but is a cynical reaction.

>>7629434
this response sounds more detached, and is a cynical dismissal, but it's supposition of understanding makes it seem more sincere.
>>
sam hyde
>>
>>7629438
Why do people talk so much about sincerity now?
>>
>>7629461
It has to do with the death of myth in our culture.
>>
>>7629468
I want to bring back the myth desu senpai.
>>
>>7629472
I think that's what metamodernism is about. You should listen to this.

https://craigculberton.bandcamp.com/album/book-of-the-damned
>>
>>7629468
What does that even mean? There's plenty of myth, if you know where to look. Ever hear the one about the guy who tripped on acid, thought he was a glass of orange juice, stood stock still in the closet worried his friends were going to spill him, etc.? Multiple people have told me that story, saying that a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend's cousin or something was the guy in question. Anyone ever try to tell you that their co-worker's aunt is a nurse, and she treated a woman named La-a? The dash ain't silent! Ahahaha.

Or, more big picture stuff: what about UFOs, the Illuminati, the Kennedy assassination? Does myth have some rigid, non-functional academic definition that I'm not privy to? There's quite a bit of modern folklore out there. We have our heroes, gods, lost lands, whathaveyou.
>>
>>7629492
we have only three colors.
>>
>>7629480
Oh, I get it now, this is a poorly veiled self-promotion thread.
>>
>>7629499
prove me wrong.
>>
>>7629504
You haven't made any assertions, you donk
>>
>>7629509
You should listen to this is an assertion.
>>
>>7629430
ask Shia Labeouf
>>
>>7629497
What does each one mean
>>
>>7629608
the first one means past present and future
>>
>>7629610
And?
>>
>>7629633
why don't you ask yourself that question
>>
>>7629504
>metamodernism
>actually looking into shia labeouf "art" projects
>All things are like a mouse and a bug in the heart of a cheese.
>trigger warning
you sound like a smart person to talk to anon. tell me all about idea channel and pseudointellectual tumblr idiocy
>>
>>7629430
>metamodernism
Google it...maybe?
>>
>>7629767
this response sounds sincere, but is a cynical reaction.
>>
>>7629497
>>7629610
>>7629642
Thats some elaborate shitposting
>>
>>7629608
>>7629610
>>7629973
the three colors refer to the RGB additive color model, aka, everything you are looking at right now, but surely you braniacs realized something that obvious and simple
>>
File: dehumanize.gif (628 KB, 1016x720) Image search: [Google]
dehumanize.gif
628 KB, 1016x720
>>7629430
ethics
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.