[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /lit/ help me with a school project? I need to create my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg (24 KB, 285x352) Image search: [Google]
H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg
24 KB, 285x352
Can /lit/ help me with a school project? I need to create my own lovecraftian horror story but I have no ideas that are original. Can you guys shoot me some tips on horror or any ideas you might have? Thanks.
>>
Write a poem about the origin of
>>
>>7629296
Niggers
>>
write something about a horrifically large toe that serves to chillingly remind the flabbergasted protagonist, who is beyond words and description at that point, of just how small and remote he really is.

and toss in the word nigger somewhere.
>>
Here's a guide about how to write like him made by Lovecraft himself

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/nwwf.aspx
>>
probably write about a group of cave explorers who encounter something beyond comprehension down there (don't describe it)

make it all diary-like with "the one guy who escaped" narrating the whole thing
>>
A man wakes up to find he has become an unnamable insectoid creature
>>
Take an isolated setting, describe it in a desolate, depressing way with lots of description of how it smells and feels. The protagonist needs to be someone quiet and withdrawn who thinks more than he speaks (not like narration but like he dwells hard on every thing that hits him). The horror or monstrosity or whatever needs to be old or foreign, but you don't need to describe it too much, focus instead on the journey and the feelings of the protagonist as he approaches it or escapes from it.
>>
>...and then he found that he himself was a half-bred

Hahahha
>>
dude uncovers a mysterious group hiding at the edges of town, with something horrible about them (they're cannibals, they fuck dogs, they support Trump), investigates them discovers the first level of the horror and recoils. then he discovers he's one of them. in the end he gives in and joins them.
>>
>>7629839
Lovecraft already wrote that. It's "in the crave" or something
>>
>>7629874
The isolated setting has to be in New England north of the Miskatonic or on the Maine coast in a wretched poor town. The antagonist needs to live slightly off the beaten path.
>>
just write the plot of Bloodborne
>>
>>7630144
You beat to that same answer.
>>
>>7629325
his big black toe, too black to describe, massive and darker than the darkest naked nigger in Africa, and terrible beyond comprehension...
>>
>>7629325
are we talking about Lovecraft or Conrad?
>>
Write about something that can't be described, like for example black people living under the sea gettit becoz black peepl can't swim ahahaha
>>
>>7629297
this
>>
>Google the megaliths of New England.
>Protag is a retired salty old world archaeologist of North Sea ancestry who's seen some shit.
>Shares a beer with a guy in some Boston pub after a conference.
>Guy is sketchy but interesting.
>They get to talking and guy invites archaeologist to check out the megalith on his creepy plot of land way back in the woods.
>Turns out the megalith is covered in Old Frisian inscriptions out of the Oera Linda Book. (Keep Googling), a pet fascination of the archaeologist's given his ancestry.
>Insert Nazi link.
>Insert hypothesis of pre-Columbus band of Viking settlers from the North Sea Coast (builders of the megalith).
>Guy can't read the inscriptions, asks archaeologist to do so.
>First (incorrect) translation suggests Viking band left Europe to escape some indescribably ancient evil, the very same thing that sunk Atlantis.
>Further translation reveals they were actually ancient evil worshipers.
>Guy needed a full-blooded Viking to read it aloud. Targeted and tricked archaeologist into doing so.
>Doing so summons it back.
>afgfdgroifjqoeirjg;oiref;alkdf;alkjsdf;lkajsdf;adkfji>profit
>>
>>7632366
10/10
>>
>>7632366
My god. This is amazing, thank you so much.
>>
A guy is exhausted after work and is waiting at the subway for his train. It arrives and he takes it, maybe contemplates suicide from his soul-crushing job. An hour goes by and he needs to switch to a different train. Another hour goes by and he switches to a new one again. He ends up spending nearly half a day riding the subway, switching trains since there isn't one that takes him directly to his home. By the time he actually gets home he realizes it is time to leave for work again so he leaves for the subway.

Wait I think I did Kafka instead.
>>
>>7629862
Kafka beat ya kid
>>
>>7632454
Good luck.
>>
>>7632366
Damn, nice.
>>
>>7632366
If I might make a suggestion, you could do it in such a way that it's not entirely clear in the end whether the supernatural is real, like in True Detective. I'm a sucker for that trope
>>
>>7629291
Well I have a horror idea. Its not Lovecraft styled tho.. Well something like suddenly one morning we wake up and find that our world is attacked(visited) by a creature of some sort.... huge really huge creature (take pacific rim kaiju for inspiration). they (creatures) speak in strange humming voices.. which somehow are understood by us all humans irrespective of culture, language age or disability we have... what is this creature where has it come from, why do we understand it, what is it, what it wants... continue with the story.. post results.. sorry for bad english. I am phone.
>>
>>7633518
>I am phone

No, you're a retarded namefag. Quit life.
>>
>Underbelly of seemingly normal place
>Unfriendly people urges introverted protagonist to search X for darker undertone of Y
>Protagonist does so, Protagonist finds clue
>Filler space describing scenery
>Protagonist finds horrible Z.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.