[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are you writing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Stalin_lg_zlx1.jpg (77 KB, 343x467) Image search: [Google]
Stalin_lg_zlx1.jpg
77 KB, 343x467
ayy lit, its been awhile. What are you guys writing about? share and review. hows that post industrialist pro-communsim piece coming along?
>>
well my first published erotica is doing really well while my untamed rants about being a poor kid at a prep school are doing horribly. how about you, OP? whatcha got on your mind?
>>
File: pepe communism.png (17 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
pepe communism.png
17 KB, 365x363
> hows that post industrialist pro-communsim piece coming along?
nothing i will ever write can ever beat Bogdanov's Red Star
>>
>>7628667
I am writing about narcissism right now, but I write about ideal memories, mostly.
>>
I've been a non-fiction/news writer for years and want to write some fiction. I don't have many original ideas flowing out of me but when I asked myself what i'd enjoy writing about the most, it was Horror and something to do with sophisticated vampires. Is there even a point in writing about vampires ? What is there left to explore..
>>
>>7628671
OP here, well, im just kind of working on a pet project right now about theatre types and writing plays.

>>7628726 you might want to watch some vampire movies. id reccommend Nosferatu, youll learn alot about how to keep things unknown and horrifying. id say when theres nothing left to explore, hide things, pull a H P Lovecraft and keep things a mystery. i mean, i hope that somehow helps idk
>>
I am writing a story set during the Napoleonic wars. A boy is orphaned in Russian, and lives with another orphaned boy, and the two become close friends. The friend of the protagonist is found and adopted by a infertile noble, while the protagonist runs away and joins Suvorov's Army in the Revolutionary wars and Suvorov takes him in. Eventually this boy, after Suvorov dies, joins the Austrian Army and defeats several Marshals of the Empire before inflicting a defeat on Napoleon himself. However this unexpectedly thrusts him into the life of Politics and Nobility, which is where he meets his friend from earlier once more. However he is unfamiliar with this new lifestyle, and constant balls and marriage offers take their toll on him and he begins drinking heavily. Eventually he finds a wife and things work out all right until the fifth coalition begins. As the man who defeated Napoleon, he is thrown in command on the main army, but suffers a crushing defeat at the hands of Napoleon, which greatly hurts his fame. Back in Russian, the nobles begin to turn on him, his marriage falls apart and he begins drinking more and more. His friend tries to convince him to raise and army of volunteers and win back his fame, so he does just that. He manages to get around 10,000 men together and marches against Napoleons invasion. He manages to inflict some defeats against his Marshals, but his army is again wiped out at the hands of Napoleon. Returning to Russia he finds out his wife has mothered a son with another man, and he is completely ignored by the nobility. One night he drunkenly stumbles into his childhood friend and his wife, however the friend pretends not to know who he is. After the protagonists insults his friends' wife, he is challenged to a dual. However once the dual takes place, the protagonist does not raise his pistol, and begs his friend to kill him. When he says that it is not honorable to kill an unarmed man, the protagonist raises the pistol to his throat and kills himself.
>>
>>7628979
yo. link?
>>
>>7628667
I still have tons of transcribing to do but I'm working on a book of poetry. I don't hold any grand delusions of it's literary value, but maybe it'll sell

random poem

sometimes I do not know what to say
I look at you and words just fly away
I try to play it cool
but I know I'm grinning like a fool
>>
>>7629002
To what senpai? I'm like barely a chapter in
>>
File: the kill and the flesh.jpg (161 KB, 1085x737) Image search: [Google]
the kill and the flesh.jpg
161 KB, 1085x737
I'm writing a surreal romance novel about an expat photographer living in China and a former Communist Party member cursed with an aphrodisiac voice. Just started it today. Actually I only started it because I told a Chinese friend that was what I was writing and she wants to see it, but it's turning out surprisingly okay.

>>7628681
Communism has changed so much since Bogdanov, anon. We need you to update those kind of ideas for today!
>>
>>7629084
oh, lmao, well it sounded interesting enough for me to ask to read it. i was asking for like a google docs link or something but i see there isnt really anything TO read. yo, keep it up though, good idea
>>
File: 1453504523016.gif (4 MB, 490x476) Image search: [Google]
1453504523016.gif
4 MB, 490x476
come on lit. share your stuff, we want to read it
>>
>>7628667
Just some meta BS. http://pastebin.com/8aR8x2pj

>>7628671
Grats on being published. At the risk of being "that guy," have you seen any royalties or residuals yet? I hear erotica tends to do well.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.