[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I took a philosophy of race class and it's the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: hegel.jpg (32 KB, 276x361) Image search: [Google]
hegel.jpg
32 KB, 276x361
Guys, I took a philosophy of race class and it's the first day and the teacher just dived straight into Hegel with no lube. "You guys are all up to date on your Phenomenology of Spirit, right?"

What! No! This is undergrad and our school doesn't even have a formal course in Hegel.

I don't what's happening. Fuck, I just barely have Kant all straightened out.

You said philosophy would enlighten me. This is your fault /lit/.
>>
I got meme'd. Don't let it happen to you.
>>
Maybe you should take real classes.
>>
>>7628651
It is a real class. There are grad students sitting in on it because it's truly a well thought out and advanced course. We cover Hegel, Mill, Kant, and others. It's not social justice bullshit, it's actually interesting. I'm just drowning here.
>>
>>7628696
Buy manuals on 19th century philosophy Anon, or one specifically on Hegel (Kojeve´s work on master-slave dialectics, while being an interpretetative work, is actually a good text to clear doubts on Hegel´s thought) , they are accesible to read. And don´t be afraid, my friend.
>>
read your hegels
you should probably start with the phenomenology of spirit
>>
File: xmas-gifts-from-santa-claus.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
xmas-gifts-from-santa-claus.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARarjQYOhA4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EIkUp4gWo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVhjGb6eRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4G5-L2LcGs

:^0
>>
>>7628636
>>7628696
Have you tried talking to your classmates, you mongoloid? Philosophy is meant to be discussed, debated, torn apart and put back together, not just read and regurgitated. Ask some people in your tute to get a beer at the on-campus bar and test your knowledge against them - you'll come out of it more informed.
>>
File: dog (2).jpg (49 KB, 550x526) Image search: [Google]
dog (2).jpg
49 KB, 550x526
>>7628745
>Ask some people in your tute
>your tute
>tute
>>
>>7628756
'tute' is on-campus slang for a class. You'd know that if you ever left your basement.
>>
File: 1453852061211.jpg (11 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
1453852061211.jpg
11 KB, 500x436
>>7628758
>are you coming to tute tomorrow? we can ask the tah to gradesky our papes

i'm glad you almost certainly have aids
>>
>>7628758
>slang is predominantly regional
>states that it is used universally
TBF i doubt people on campus in china and europe use "tute" and I've never heard it when I was at school
Put the neet rage back in the fedora son
>>
>>7628783
why would you greentext it though
everyone at my university says tute
>>
>>7628793
they're gaslighting you so you make an ass of yourself on internet forums
>>
ayyyy philosophers have only interpreted the world, the point is to change it
>>
File: TheBellCurve[1].gif (45 KB, 227x341) Image search: [Google]
TheBellCurve[1].gif
45 KB, 227x341
>>7628636
>race class

This is all you need. The redpill
Just disregard the part about Jews being better
>>
>>7628745
Yeesh, so hostile. At least your insult was relevant, as Hegel really didn't say modern day Western approved things about the Mongols.

We did do a discussion. I just have a loose understanding of the geist concept and how it connects to attaining the highest form of consciousness. Something about being a subject who must first observe and recognize the conscious state of others and then making it a part of yourself, reaching unity with others while acknowledging a seperation. Hegel asserts that negroes flat out lack the ability to assimilate with other cultures and fail at the first step. Mongols have societal moments led by their lone desire of conquest that works into allowing them to attain the first step, but they fail to achieve the last step of unifying with others. He equated them to locusts who just breed and fuck shit up every few years before falling flat and never progressing.

Does any of that sound at least a bit correct in the slightest? I'm definitely gonna have to meet with my professor and iron over this a bit more over office hours. Plus side is that she is very nice, has an ambitious attitude, and definitely knows what she's talking about.

>>7628696
Will check out, thanks friend.

>>7628733
Thanks Santa, these sound intelligible at a glance.

>>7628803
What is up with this book? I've seen people on /lit/ get all shit-fitty over it several times. Is it actually worth my time?
>>
>>7628793
Because you presumed that everyone uses the same slang as you.
You'd know its not true if you ever left your dorm room.
>>
>>7628831
>What is up with this book? I've seen people on /lit/ get all shit-fitty over it several times. Is it actually worth my time?
It basically confirms what we all know. That whites are superior to blacks
>>
>>7628803
It's arguing for a difference in IQ between whites and blacks in USA. It has not held up to scrutiny and is not worth your time. Disregard /pol/ shitposters.
>>
File: 1427189311206.jpg (189 KB, 1501x1500) Image search: [Google]
1427189311206.jpg
189 KB, 1501x1500
>>7628636
What a fag
If you didn't sub vocalize you'd be able to read it in an hour tops
>>
>>7628869
eww you can see her breastholes
>>
>>7628834
why are you getting upset
you know what he meant and its common slang
but yes everyone at my uni uses tute and most don't live in dorm rooms
>>
>>7628859
>It has not held up to scrutiny
this is not close to true
>>
>>7628986
by close scrutiny I think he means people here it and go das racis man
>>
what the fuck kind of faggity philosophy of race class is based on a herb like hegel? if u wanna really critique race then u need to start with nietzsche, get into some foucault and then get some said in ur life
>>
can't believe you've never been eduted about heg in your tutes

what kind of 'lege do you go to, man? don't they have one-oh-oners in the filldep?

catcha ya later skeezix, gotta jet to my tute
>>
>>7629175
>what the fuck kind of faggity philosophy of race class is based on a herb like hegel

Hegel is literally the reason why stalinists are usually racist and nationalist.
>>
>>7628636
Hey man, just like smoke and blunt and like, chill man...you'll get this philosophy mumbo jumbo in no time
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.