[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a thread about those books we find pretentious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: amputation1.jpg (194 KB, 660x1056) Image search: [Google]
amputation1.jpg
194 KB, 660x1056
Let's have a thread about those books we find pretentious but genuinely like anyway.

For me it's pic related, more or less anything Blake Butler writes and Deleuze too (at least his stuff with Guattari, he's cristal clear in all of his solo efforts)
>>
>>7627979
>more or less anything Blake Butler
Spare yourself the cringe and never read his review of your pic.
>>
>>7627991
Been there, done that. Like everything he puts out on VICE, I found it mostly harmless if a bit idiotic and endearing - basically, the essence of VICE itself.

You read Dreams of Amputation?
>>
>>7628001
>VICE
>endearing
>>
>>7628019
It is for me - a way to satisfy the urges of the Inner Millennial Idiot without actually doing anything.
>>
>>7628026
By "Millennial Idiot urges" you mean "College Marxist urges", right? Because even two of the founders have called it a political propaganda arm for the liberal elite.
>>
>>7628044
Well I'm Italian and my country's VICE is more about putting out shitty "lol I've tried to cook with Marinetti's Futurist Cuisine Manifesto" and "what a riot look like on drugs" than it is about putting forth an agenda (which happens abd is explicit but fuck that honestly)
>>
>>7628001
>You read Dreams of Amputation?
Yes. "pretentious but genuinely like anyway" fits. Mostly just scratched a Burroughs itch but I'm keeping an eye on this guy, case he ever starts polishing his shit together.
>>
>>7628060
Yeah, I feel you. Read his FaceHole afterwards and it was utter shit. A pity he hasn't gone through with Punctum books and republished Crypt(o)spasm, that'd be interesting
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.