[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another fucking Bible thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1402864188222.jpg (85 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
1402864188222.jpg
85 KB, 576x792
Ive been trying to find out an unbiased answer relating to the credibility of the Bible, either book by book or by a sum of its parts.

Its hard to find an answer that isnt reeking of bias, because they are often either dicksucking christans, or multi-fedora wearing atheists, and they deeply want the other side to look bad.

As an agnothstic theist, i personally dont favor either outcome over the other, but nevertheless id like to know much weight something carries if someone points out "the Bible says so".

Similarly, what about the Torah? the Qur'an?
>>
>>7627819

Not sure I'm understanding the question entirely. There's inherently going to be bias in viewing the Bible, depending on whom you ask, along with what part of the Bible you're talking about. Some of the 'wisdom writings' from the Old Testament, for example, like Proverbs or Ecclesiastes, will likely sound pretty good/credible even to an atheist, whereas they're going to reject something like an account of the resurrection of Jesus. Also A Christian and a Jew will both see the Torah/Old Testament as valid, although in somewhat different ways. A Jew will reject the New Testament. And only a Muslim, and not a Christian or a Jew, will see the Qur'an as valid, nor a Muslim the Hebrew or Christian Bible (since Islam holds them to be corrupted and the Qur'an the uncorrupted version).
>>
Just read one book on either side of the argument and they'll balance each other out.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.