[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I want to read about the character Sun Wukong, which book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
If I want to read about the character Sun Wukong, which book should I pick up? Or are they just a bunch of myths and loose stories?

Also, is the Iliad entirely about Achilles or is there another book about him?

Sorry, just got into reading and thought I'd start with those since I always held an interest in those characters but don't want to read from Wikipedia.
>>
first ~10 chapters of journey to the west.

then read the rest too.

he's not a myth character with a lot of loose stories, he's just an original character from the book with some loose attributes taken from myths.
>>
Whatever else is said to you on this board after this point, remember that simply desiring to read and learn makes you not a faggot.
>>
Sun Wukong is a character from the book "Journey to the West." The Illiad is about the entire Trojan War, not just Achilles, and Achilles (as with many Greek figures) is mentioned in multiple mythss. Happy reading!
>>
the name is two fold in chinese

sun is grandchildren or descendents, it really has to do with him being the king of his people

wu is to realize

kong is emptiness

it is play on one of the tenants of Buddhism

there is no story of him outside of journey to the west

gl
>>
>>7627657
>>7627658
>>7627666
>>7627662

Thanks for the answers :)
>>
>>7627662
>The Illiad is about the entire Trojan War, not just Achilles
u wot, m8? It doesn't start until the last year of the war, and it ends before getting to the horse.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.