[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nietzsche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Nietzsche Purity of Race.png (113 KB, 544x562) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche Purity of Race.png
113 KB, 544x562
What did he mean by this?
>>
literally the creation of the third reich
>>
>>7626964
>literally the creation of the third reich

that's the purest misinterpretation of Nietzsche and complete bullshit.

I'm no expert and somebody will probably tell you better but: I'd pay close attention to words culture and morality. Together with his thoughts about 'present day' culture, education, together with his views about tragedy and greeks and so on.
>>
>>7626957
it's ironic. it should be clear to anyone who knows Nietzsche that a situation where the desires and projects of the "race" override the "conflicting" wills of the individual is toxic. this is why birth of tragedy is his most important book: it is a meditation on and celebration of conflicting desires, and a damnation of the will to coalesce represented by Socrates and in the notion of the Greeks as a "pure race"
>>
>>7626957
While I personally have a Darwinian appropriation of Nietzsche, it's clear in this section he's talking about ideas and values and not genetics and blood. As in, a unified nation-spirit aimed and sublimated toward a directed purpose, as opposed to, say, Western liberal democracies (see: Leo Strauss calling these types of societies a modern manifestation of nihilism) where everything is discordant and conflicted within its society.

Note in WtP where Nietzsche says of the highest aim of society is the "production of Great Men---that is all." So basically, a culture with a harmonized picture of the Good Life is conducive to the production of quality culture and great men because all of their energy will be used in the most efficient manner.
>>
>>7626997
>>7627001
>>7627019
Liberal delusion combined with parroting platitudinous remarks about "misinterpretation" and "misuse" of Nietzsche's philosophising; found in Kaufmann's sanitizing and de-contextualizing notes of the Master's writing: manifest.
>>
File: 1435969873187.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1435969873187.gif
1 MB, 320x180
considering what we know, was he right?
>>
>>7627035
Uh, I thought it was pretty clear my post (>>7627019) demonstrated a very anti-liberal interpretation of Nietzsche, instead expressing his self-described "aristocratic radicalism."
>>
>>7627035
u wot m8?

You better try to read Nietzsche properly next time; and read all of his works.
>>
>>7627035
yikes! next time, consider not posting until after you've read.
>>
>>7626964
This.

Of course, only indirectly so; Nietzsche wouldn't have liked the Third Reich in many ways.
>>
>>7627001
>it's ironic
No it isn't. It doesn't even contradict what you said about the goals of the race not overriding the spirit of the individual.

Individuals are exceptions. The spirit of the individual will always be dissonant in nature. The spirit of the race, however, should not be. In most cases it is. In other words, the race does not understand collectively what its goals are or should be.

A race's spirit is dissonant when it has traces of impurity in its background. Mixed philosophies, which stem from mixed cultures, which stem from mixed genetics. The race becomes focused on overcoming the dissonant qualities like Nietzsche said, it wastes its existence dealing with a petty problem caused by itself. Now, when you have a long line of families (a race) constructed of harmonious philosophies (aka harmonious cultures, aka harmonious genetics), the energy of that race is no longer spent on that struggle, because it is a non-issue. The energy instead gets spent on the race's ideals, in constructing a greater future.

The Greeks are noted as an example of this by Nietzsche, this is evidence enough that what you're saying about it being ironic is complete bullshit. The Greeks were not focused on themselves, what they built and the art they produced did not express dissonance. They were idealists, concerned about the future and other things greater than themselves.

It's really not that hard to understand. But I can see how it would be easy to convolute it, like you did.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.