[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books on Roman Laws? I'm reading the 3 pillars of occidental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1450389399413.png (4 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1450389399413.png
4 KB, 800x800
Books on Roman Laws?
I'm reading the 3 pillars of occidental society

>greek philosophy
>roman laws
>christian morals
>>
>christian morals

if you mean real christians aka puritans, sure, but if you mean decadent and corrupt catholic sloths then fuck no
>>
you want to play minecraft?
>>
>>7625836
christianity =\= catholicism. Simply believing/following the word of Jesus, not attached to any kind of church or christian segment (protestantism, catholicism, etc)
>>
>>7625837
Got tired of it already. Heard terraria is good, ever tried?
>>
>>7625839
christian morality is actually pee shit, didn't u read nietzsche? but i do like the insane drive to create prosperity that comes from some protestant sects, since it's basically "fuck bitches, get money" the religion.
>>
You'll probably want some kind of general book on Roman civics/political concepts/etc.

Roman law and civics didn't so much write the earliest legal values onto the tablet of Western law and civics, it's more that they ARE the tablet. Our fundamental political sensibilities of sovereignty and the secular state come from them.

http://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1585&context=iclr
>>
>>7625915
Thanks man
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.