[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does the book compare to the movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 681x1024
How does the book compare to the movie?
>>
>>7622043
not literature
>>
>>7622054
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7622057
^^^^^^^^
The book is extremely dark and morose compared the film. Exceedingly, the narration becomes murkier and murkier as the sanity from the narrator slips. It's definitely worth the read and could almost be considered two different sides to the same coin.
>>
>>7622043
Book is way better than the movie.

>if you're not owning a copy if American Psycho, your existance is just meaningless.
>>
>reading anything written by BEE

>>>/Reddit/
>>
The movie is a cartoon.
>>
>>7622043
Book is not on par with a lot of the other /lit/ canon but is still really good. Movie can be appreciated separately from the book, it is it's own beast with its own enjoyable qualities
>>
>>7622166
this

this is not literature
>>
For what it is, the movie was actually pretty consistent with the book. Book was a little slow, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. It's just too bad they didn't do the Tom Cruise scene.
>>
>>7622043
Book is shit and only appeals to edgy faggots with no taste who watch Isis beheadings for the feels, and who feel superior for picking up on the obvious commentary on a lifestyle that they won't experience In a million years because they are beta nerds with an English degree.

movie has some redeeming kitsch value, mostly in bales over the top performance.
>>
>>7622043
read blood meridian
>>
>>7622176
>>7622166
>>>>/Reddit/
Fuck off retards.
>>
>>7622181
>Book is shit and only appeals to edgy faggots with no taste who watch Isis beheadings for the feels, and who feel superior for picking up on the obvious commentary on a lifestyle that they won't experience In a million years because they are beta nerds with an English degree.
Bitch, I've read most well known Russian French, Spanish, and Italian literature yet I think American Psycho is pretty rad book out there. Stop spreading false rumors if you don't like what you read off of your miserable life.
>>
>>7622054
*smiles and nods*
Poor blind bastard.
>>
Does anyone else's copy have missing text at the start and end of the chapter "A Glimpse of a Thursday afternoon"?
>>
>>7622311
lolfag that isn't missing text
>>
>>7622281
>fuck off retards
>>>/b/
>>
>>7622330
So, it's supposed to be like that?

It's kind of weird because it just starts and ends abruptly.
>>
>>7622378
>>>/holocaust/
>>
>>7622390
>The autism is strong with this one
>>
>>7622395
Why are you insulting me instead of being helpful?
>>
File: 742523623432.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
742523623432.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>7622077
>>7622311
>american psycho thread
>nobody recognizes these glorious dubs
>>
>>7622181
Your post came as a glimmer of hope my friend. I came to the thread and was prepared to abandon this board at seeing that American Psycho was actually praised and with sincerity! You have made it evident that all hope is not lost for this board and I thank you for that.
>>
File: FandlinLV.jpg (52 KB, 300x446) Image search: [Google]
FandlinLV.jpg
52 KB, 300x446
how does the book compare to the movie?
>>
I read it in high school and found it hilarious, but this 2bqh, fampai
>>7622054
>>
assuming you've watched the movie, you'll probably enjoy the book. if you haven't, as long as you have some level of self loathing then you'll probably dig the book.
>>
>>7622433
rare case of movie > book. the story benefits hugely from visuals, and since the book is fairly short not much gets cut out.
>>
>>7622428
And your post came as a complete fucking jackass shit that accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>7622043
The book has pages - paper, printed on with ink - and fastened together. The movie has a fast-moving sequence of pictures.
>>
File: 1375333389732-1.jpg (23 KB, 495x383) Image search: [Google]
1375333389732-1.jpg
23 KB, 495x383
>>7622181
>Book is shit and only appeals to edgy faggots with no taste who watch Isis beheadings for the feels,
>>7622428
>Your post came as a glimmer of hope
>>
>>7622428
>I came to the thread and was prepared to abandon this board at seeing that American Psycho was actually praised and with sincerity!
Fuck out of here already, fuckface.
>>
>>7622043
the movie gained a cult following of psuedo-intellectual under 30 year olds who misinterpreted the movie that misinterpreted the book aka Ellis' criticisms of misogyny and racism infused with capitalism

book is okay though, I guess
>>
>>7622176
arguably the book itself for about 300+ pages is edgey fag lord tier. However, the book does have an extremely good introduction for the first 70-100 pages. I will agree it is not by definition literature and suffers from being a time-piece, but it is a damn good timely book for those 70-100 pages.
>>
holy shit, im willing to bet the BEE bashers havent read a single book of his and are ignorantly flaming OP because of the anti BEE memery that goes into every image regarding conduct around here.

and so yet those images are designed to keep this kind of commentary down and out, where they fucking belong, because irrational ignorance is what we're trying to combat by reading literature right?

movie is a reinterpretation of the book, they take the story and respin it for film. the only way youd ask this question is if you watched the movie and arent sure if the book is worth your precious time, in which case please kill yourself for thinking you dont have time to read through a 300 page novel to sate your intellectual curiosity.
>>
>>7622428

a glimmer of hope that this disgusting board operating on several levels of what can only be termed as some fucking whackd kafkaesque bureaucratic group think, can still be successfully socially engineered by those capable of trolling the trolls etc
>>
>>7622043

if you care enough about how people see you (or you think they see you; they actually don't give a shit) then it might mar your enjoyment of the book

that out of the way, it's a great book, and a good movie. Very accessible, and yes, whilst a ton of the themes are presented with too little subtlety it's still a fun read
>>
The book is directionless and tedious, the acts of violence are at times unbearable. Psycho is admirable as a concept but at the same time unreadable and I'm sure it's not intendet to be.

The movie misses the point and is only worth watching for it's set design

Check my digits
>>
I read half the book. It started out ok... I really don't enjoy reading about puppy's paws being smashed with his feet though for mere edginess appeal.

In fact I'm going to delete from my kindle. I did the same thing for Blood Meridian. Shit tier books.
>>
>>7624517
pussy.
>>
>>7624536
say it to my face faggot. I'll fuck your tulpa in the ass.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.