[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which author wrote the best defence of Marxist-Leninism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: lucaks.jpg (26 KB, 407x271) Image search: [Google]
lucaks.jpg
26 KB, 407x271
Which author wrote the best defence of Marxist-Leninism?
>>
>>7621842

duno, proly marx or lenin
>>
Alan Woods
>>
Joseph Campbell
>>
zizek
>>
>>7621856
Lenin wrote nothing of worth.
>>
tom wolfe
>>
>>7621842
A dude called Karl Marx.
>>
>>7622662
He theorised leninism (not marxism-leninism) thats something
>>
>>7621842
Althusser and Balibar
>>
back to redd1t with you
>>
>>7622662
>Lenin
>who helped revitalize study of Hegel through the Philosophical Notebooks (Hypollite, for instance, quotes Lenin in discussing Hegel), was a direct inspiration upon Korsch, Lukacs, and Gramsci - the three pillars of Western Marxism - and people far beyond that (Althusser, Adorno, Zizek, and so on), who provided the ideological backbone of almost every Marxist movement since his death
>wrote nothing of worth
Bet you think Lenin was some elitist conspirator "vanguardist" (that or either Lenin was simply too consumed by the horrible Second Internationalism that never did anything right, or a weird mix of both) and that Rosa Luxemburg was an anti-Leninist.

>>7622796
Lenin didn't theorize "Leninism". He wrote in complete fidelity to Marxist orthodoxy. No, after Lenin had died, the movement surrounding the consequences of the October Revolution that was codified by people (Stalin, Trotsky, etc) who sought legitimization over who would succeed over the greatest revolutionary of the 20th century. It doesn't discount Leninism as a doctrine, but too many idiots confuse what Lenin thought, believed, or even wrote down with Leninism. There are as great divergences between the Leninists with Lenin as there are the Marxists with Marx.
>>
>>7622803
This plus Gramsci if you deprogram yourself from the typical post-structuralist reading
>>
ur all brainwashed by your marxist professors. Leftism is a mental illness. REAL men are right-wing. You belong on reddit or tumblr.

YOU ARE KEKS
>>
>>7622756
Marxist-Leninism is Stalinism, Marx would never defend that shit.
>>
>>7623255
> Lenin didn't theorize "Leninism". He wrote in complete fidelity to Marxist orthodoxy.
> "It is the task of the proletariat to emancipate itself."

Leninists are fucking delusional and a sure guarantee against Marxism ever happening.
>>
>>7622803
>>7623291
>my nigga
>>
>>7622139
Don't worry Anon, I got your joke

>>7622662
sick memes
>>
File: read a book nigger.jpg (65 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
read a book nigger.jpg
65 KB, 566x480
>>7625174
>Bet you think Lenin was some elitist conspirator "vanguardist"
>"It is the task of the proletariat to emancipate itself."
Way to prove me right, moron.

"To be successful, insurrection must rely not upon conspiracy and not upon a party, but upon the advanced class.That is the first point. Insurrection must rely upon a revolutionary upsurge of the people. That is the second point." - Marxism and Insurrection

In What is to Be Done? word "Vanguard" is synonymized with "advanced detachment". The vanguard of the proletariat is the advanced detachment of the working class, which in turn is the advanced detachment ("vanguard") for the non-proletarian working classes (the peasantry and petty-bourgeoisie). The basis for the Bolshevik (or rather turn-of-the-century Social-Democrat, as this notion was universal among Marxists since Lassalle) worldview was that the intelligentsia connects to the labour movement, and from that arises worker revolutionaries. The worker revolutionaries is the advanced detachment.

One of the worst translation mistakes done in What is to Be Done was the rendering stikhinost and stikhinyi as "spontaneity" and "spontaneous", respectively. When Lenin translated Industrial Democracy by the Webbs, where "spontaneous" is used prominently, from English to Russian, Lenin never rendered "spontaneous" as "stikhinyi". The word Lenin used doesn't have the positive connotations that "spontaneous" does. Stikhinyi means elemental, both implicating elemental a la elementary, meaning the beginning of something, and elemental a la the elements as a natural/cosmic force. Stikhinost implicates the disorganization of elementality.

The word Lenin used that was translated as "develop" in What is to Be Done meant the construction of theory, not the subsuming of theory. The intelligentsia constructs the theory, which goes (alongside the revolutionary-by-trade) with Lenin's emphasis upon the division of labour within political organization. Lenin goes on to say, while most intellectuals were bourgeois, that after the subsuming of theory, the proletariat has no inclination to not have its own intellectuals, giving the examples of Proudhon and Weitling. Lenin wasnt even referring to the development of class consciousness, but just referring to how the upsurge of strikes in the 1890s didn't make the workers into Communists. He outright states that if it weren't for the fact that there were no newspapers disseminating Marxism among the masses when the strikes happened, then there would have been.

I can go on and on, but I don't want to make more than one post on this. I shouldn't have to explain this shit to you anti-Leninist dumbasses every single fucking time Lenin comes up. Lenin has been continually character assassinated by the anticommunists who have attempted to do everything they possibly can to attack Lenin. Ironic that Lenin is characterized as an elitist when he was attacked in his time for being an "anti-intellectual".
>>
>>7622803
Althusser is a hack that no one takes seriously
>>
>>7626701
>Althusser is a hack
yes

>that no one takes seriously
no
>>
>>7626718
>no
Are you stuck in the 60s, m8.
>>
File: Empire_(book).jpg (57 KB, 360x550) Image search: [Google]
Empire_(book).jpg
57 KB, 360x550
These guys are responsible for the revitalization of Marxism in the first decade of the 21st century.
>>
>>7626757
Who?
>>
>>7622204
Wut?
>>
>>7626757
poor speculations on d&g
>>
NOBODY
Everything I need to know about communism, I learned from 9/11
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.