[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he does not realise he is God AYYY what have you fags been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
>he does not realise he is God
AYYY what have you fags been doing all your life?
>>
God is my accountant too?
>>
>>7621534
God is the only truth. I knew this since i was like 9
>>
>>7621527
you arent god because you arent anything but you which isnt god
>>
>>7621540
>he still thinks he is his body
you know what you call a cell in a body who thinks it isn't part of it? its u lmao
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 373x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 373x559
>>7621527

> they do not realize that they are Will
AYYY what have you phenomena been doing all your life?
>>
>>7621545
a cell is you? no its a cell

my toe isnt me, its my toe

you arent god you are you
>>
>>7621560
enjoy your box pleb
>>
>>7621565
why do you think that overlapping categories change the referent of a word?

>a banana tree is a tree so it's no longer a banana tree

>i am the universe so i'm no longer me

you still exist as you however you want to interpret that it doesnt change anything since youre defined through relations with other things you fucking stupid nigger
>>
>>7621579
those are all facts not truths

the only truth is that the one is all there is
>>
>>7621584
then how are you doin things retard you literally exist because of the difference between objects
>>
File: Schopenhauer Bust 1.jpg (97 KB, 594x394) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer Bust 1.jpg
97 KB, 594x394
>>7621540
>>7621545
>>7621560
>>7621579
>>7621584
>>7621590

"Accordingly, the necessity of all that happens, in other words, of everything successively occurring in time, a necessity that is revealed to us by means of the chain of causes and effects, is merely the way in which we perceive under the form of time that which exists uniformly and unaltered. Or again, this necessity is the impossibility that what exists is yet not identical with itself, on and unalterable, although we recognize it today as future, tomorrow as present, and the day after tomorrow as past. In the fitness and appropriateness of the organism, there is revealed the unity of the will that objectifies itself in it; and yet such unity is perceived in our apprehension (that is tied to space) as a plurality of parts and their conformity to a purpose. (See 'On the Will in Nature: Comparative Anatomy'.) In the same way, the necessity of all that happens which is brought about through the causal chain, re-establishes the unity of the essence-in-itself that is objectified in all such events. This unity, however, is perceived in our apprehension (that is tied to time) as a succession of states and thus as past, present, and future; whereas the essence-in-itself does not know all this, but exists in the 'Nunc stans' ['Permanent now']."

- Parerga and Paralipomena, "Ideas concerning the Intellect generally and in all Respects," Section 29
>>
Buddha never said you are God, so why post that picture?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 320x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 320x279
>not realizing they are god.
>>
>>7621872
/thread desu
>>
The Buddha did not teach any of the possible delineations of a self or non-delineations of a self - he actively disparaged such ideas as leading to future rebirths and not conducive to the path inclining to Nibbana:

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.15.0.than.html

Any of these views is shown by the Buddha to be an obsession with a false dichotomy between existence and non-existence of an assumed self.
>>
>>7621867
>we
>our
sorry you're still you ya fucking retard
>>
>>7621909

We're each merely phenomenally individuated, and not noumenally so, in Schopenhauer's system.
>>
>>7621905
while you're here are there any good books or resources to into buddhism?
>>
>>7621923
schopenhauer is a stupid dead german we use science now not crackpot ramblings
>>
>>7621943
The best intro to Buddhism, real Buddhism, not the Buddhism that's fancy words on a page, is taking the five precepts and making them + practicing generosity the most important part of your life.

Buddhism is very practical, because you can't know anything unless you experience it. You can't know the taste of oranges until you taste your first orange and you can't know the taste of Dhamma until you have experienced the letting go that comes through moral conduct of the five precepts.

You can look up talks from Ajahn Brahm also, for a very jovial practical level Buddhism. Very popular guy and a sweet and lovely man, his talks are widely available on YouTube
>>
>>7621964
is this word salad and are you retarded
>>
What's with the bitter anger, anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 551x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 551x800
>>7621950

Science deals with physics.

But this is metaphysics.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.