[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Mencius Moldbug appreciation thread? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Moldbug.jpg (13 KB, 375x353) Image search: [Google]
Moldbug.jpg
13 KB, 375x353
Can we have a Mencius Moldbug appreciation thread?

I'm surprised he's so seldom mentioned on /lit/. His prose style is idiosyncratic, modern (it chimes with the sensibilities of the Internet Age more than, say, Christopher Hitchen's did), and presented exclusively in blog format. He's at the cuting edge, a pioneer; the days of the essayist à la Johnson or Orwell are over and the big tombs of yesteryear will rot in the confines of academia as the frontiers of literature and political thought push forward into the digital era.

>In the 21st century, any writer whose work appears anywhere but his own blog is a shill. Or at least, he should be assumed to be compromised unless proven otherwise. The Internet has all the tools you need to write and be read without being beholden to anyone. If anyone rejects this independence, you have to wonder why.

Is he right /lit/?
>>
The Baffler had a great piece on him and other Silicon Valley pseudo-libertarian royalists. Let me see of I can dig it up.
>>
>>7621201
this is the master b8
>>
Hey, that was easy: http://thebaffler.com/blog/mouthbreathing-machiavellis
>>
>>7621201
>Hitchen's
>is he right?
on that quote, yeah
he's not great, though
but i guess when reading him i've always been like: why don't i just read nietzsche again and then apply it to my experience. he isn't necessary and kind of boring
>>
>>7621201
how can he good he didn't even write a book or have tenure. he wrotes words on a blog lmao.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.