[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
house of leaves adaption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: hol.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
hol.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
am i an idiot for really wanting to see a film/tv how made of house of leaves (a quality one of course)

those stairwells ....
>>
will be impossible to make
>>
>>7620901
Some money and an innovative and creative director (and a screenwriter) can work wonders
>>
>>7620949
give me some money and i'll direct you to fuck off then
>>
>>7620878
you've made the same thread on /tv/

anyway, I'm currently reading it and it just won't work on the screen, sorry
>>
>>7620878
The Navidson Record would make a decent TV show. There's no way you can turn even that into a standalone film, since Zampano's writing would suggest that there is an INCREDIBLE amount of footage. I think the story can stand reasonably well by itself, even without the Johnny Truant frame narrative. I mean, Zampano's observations are basically instructions about what one would have to pay attention to when making the film, in terms of subtext, character psychology, etc.

For a complete House of Leaves adaptation, however, I can imagine having Johnny's sections interposed with slices of footage from the Navidson Record, so that every time he sits down to read a new part of Zampano's book, it shows us the footage he read about onscreen.
>>
>>7620878
Why do you fags obsess over book adaptations?
There are books, and there are movies. Keep them separate. If you like the book why would you want to see a movie of it?
You can have the movie in your head and have it be directed by anyone you want.
>>
>>7620878
am i an idiot for really wanting to see a film/tv show made of finnegan's wake (a quality one of course)

those brek-kek-keks ….
>>
>>7622532
Cut each episode into 8-10 minute segments but play them sequentially so each season has 50 or 60 episodes seemingly.
>>
my 11th grade teacher forced me to read this book because we both smoked the same cigs. Shit was garb desu
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.