[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me what is up with "Infinite jest"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Infinite_jest_cover.jpg (28 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_jest_cover.jpg
28 KB, 300x464
Can someone tell me what is up with "Infinite jest"? I mean it's number 1 on list of /lit/'s favourite books. Is it a meme or is it that good???
>>
sincere baiting nice. a new meta.
>>
>>7620503
Pls this is not bait
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 2048x1536
>>7620496
The Venn Diagram that displays whether infinite jest is a good book/a meme book is a circle.
>>
>>7620496
Why don't you just read it and find out
>>
>>7620506
A circle whose circumference is nowhere and whose centre is everywhere.
>>
please stop making threads about this.

simply lurk more, you blatant newfag.
>>
>>7620496
It's really good which means people highlight the flaws to stick out.

Wow it's every form of entertainment.
>>
>>7620496
dont fucking reply to me ever again you fucking faggot
>>
Why don't people like you just read the fucking book. These threads get made daily on this board, all you have to do is lurk for more than a day to understand /lit/'s stance on IJ. So clearly you are new as fuck and should avoid spamming a board you have little to no knowledge on with piece of shit thought-killing threads like these.

Kill yourself basically.
>>
>>600799
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>7620819
Niggers niggers everywhere.
>>
>>7620496
I came to /lit yesterday and I was thinking the same thing.
Knowing 4chan I am guessing its an inside joke like fingerboxes or some shit.
>>
File: IJ.jpg (18 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
IJ.jpg
18 KB, 336x336
I also have a similar question; if someone could give me an honest answer I would appreciate it: why did IJ/DFW go from lit's favorite and the most discussed, with several threads at a time, to being labeled as 'reddit-tier'? The sudden change in opinion is radical and I would like to know why this shift?
>>
>>7622938
/lit/'s essential substrate is pavlovian, knee jerking contrarianism. Just wait for the pendulum to swing back and you'll see a wealth of "Infinite Jest was misunderstood you fucks" - obviously, by shitheads who never read the book. Sad really.
>>
File: cute.jpg (59 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
59 KB, 720x960
>>7622925
It's not an inside joke.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.