[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a good mystery novel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: mystery_novels_193503.jpg (68 KB, 400x590) Image search: [Google]
mystery_novels_193503.jpg
68 KB, 400x590
I am vaguely familiar with /lit/ and its fine taste, yet I do not frequent this board as much as I should. Finally I have reached the verdict to post this question as no one I know can answer it. Should I read any tales of Sherlock Holmes? I've heard it was inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's "The Murders in the Rue Morgue", and I was very fond of that story.

Please,/lit/! Please lead me to the righteous path of Literacy!
>>
>>7619929
>>
Devotion of Suspect X.
>>
>>7619929
Raymond Chandler mah gumshoe
>>
>>7619929
To piggyback off of this in a way, what are some good mystery novels that have all the clues beforehand to solve the mystery and find the culprit, but when the culprit is actually revealed, their integrity is still preserved?

What mystery novels focus more on the motivations rather than the actual crime and you find yourself unable to really hate the culprit because their motivations are extremely understandable? Bonus Points if you can figure out the motivation before its revealed in the text.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.