[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Throughout the novel he rarely leaves his room or bed and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 51iFWRWvKJL.jpg (47 KB, 384x500) Image search: [Google]
51iFWRWvKJL.jpg
47 KB, 384x500
"Throughout the novel he rarely leaves his room or bed and just manages to move from his bed to a chair in the first 50 pages" - Read that on wikipedia and seems like my sort of thing.

Anyone read it? Worth the read?
>>
I am reading it, hits too close to home.
For me it is more palpable than Stoner.
>>
One of my favorite books of all time. Sometimes it really hurts to read (in the good way). Also the dream sequence is one of the funniest things I have ever read,
>>
>>7619626
Which translation would you reccomend?
>>
It's great, definitely worth a read.
>>
neetcore foreshore
>>
>>7619598
is everyone here this new now?
>>
>>7619626
This. Although the dream sequence also hurts a bit because it's so nice.
>>
>>7619598

Don't bother OP. It starts off great but then descends in to awful and boring romance shit.
>>
>>7621845
Did you stop reading at that point? Because it sets up the last part which is great and heartbreaking.
>>
>>7619628
Schwartz
>>
I caught oblomovitis reading this book. Can't finish it anymore.
>>
File: comfy smug asian man.png (2 MB, 913x996) Image search: [Google]
comfy smug asian man.png
2 MB, 913x996
>>7622879
>tfw you read a few pages of oblomov and decide to take a nap
>>
>>7619628

>translation
>>
The book is so-so. However, Oblomov's servant Zakhar really had me laughing my tits off often. Unrelentingly hilarious, every scene.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.