[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the meme trilogy of /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: meme trilogy.jpg (257 KB, 1222x575) Image search: [Google]
meme trilogy.jpg
257 KB, 1222x575
what is the meme trilogy of /lit/?
>>
The Stranger, Blood Meridian, A Clockwork Orange
>>
ready player one, ulysses, campbell biology
>>
The Recognitions
Women and Men
The Tunnel
>>
Finnegans Wake, The Tunnel, Women and Men

by logic of 3 startling difficult books often reccomended (read: memed) on /lit/ despite NOBODY here having read any of them
>>
>>7618698
>>7618701
The are both good.
>>
File: nova_imperium.jpg (253 KB, 850x500) Image search: [Google]
nova_imperium.jpg
253 KB, 850x500
>>
>>7618712
I'm okay with this
>>
>>7618712
"Pimping after the fashion of our very best macks - let us say Bud, Slim, Long Legs - is not going to make us better pimps. Bitches ain't shit, according to the sublime Doctor Dre, who was right about everything. He poses the essential question: How could you trust a hoe? Had I the power to do so, I would command that these words be engraved above every gate at every university, so that each student might ponder the splendor of the insight."
>>
File: the forgotten meme trilogy.jpg (530 KB, 1831x956) Image search: [Google]
the forgotten meme trilogy.jpg
530 KB, 1831x956
It's amazing how easily people forget.
>>
>>7618712
Sure, why not.
>>
Finnegans' Wake, Zettels Traum, Alastalon salissa
>>
>>7618779

Daily reminder that if you read literally ANY version of Chaucer except the Riverside you're basically wasting your time.
>>
>>7618949
Translating Chaucer should be punishable by cuck.
>>
>>7618779
lol, nobody on /lit/ can read books like these.

They don't have the patience to get through Combray
>>
>>7620169
We read Canterbury Tales in high school english.
>>
>>7620169
We read Canterbury tales in Middle-School English.
>>
>>7620220
Better not have been translated or I'll flip
>>
File: memetrilogy.png (418 KB, 606x296) Image search: [Google]
memetrilogy.png
418 KB, 606x296
>>7618620
the neo-meme trilogy
>>
>>7620223
;)
>>
>>7620227
why ficciones? it has no properties of a meme text

it's short, it's good, it's not too experimental, it's easy, it's widely appreciated outside of 4chan, it's neither obscure nor overexposed on /lit/

it's just a nice little collection of stories about gaucho detectives and kabballistic shapes
>>
File: The “The” Trilogy.jpg (304 KB, 1314x666) Image search: [Google]
The “The” Trilogy.jpg
304 KB, 1314x666
This is the trilogy /lit/ deserves.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.