[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Favorite books thread >Girl With the Dragon Tatoo >Hichhikers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-01-23-18-03-10.png (145 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-23-18-03-10.png
145 KB, 540x960
ITT: Favorite books thread
>Girl With the Dragon Tatoo
>Hichhikers Guide
>Harry Potter
>11/12/63

Pic possibly unrelated
>>
>>7617780
>those choices

you don't belong here. Go back to reddit, kid. This place is for intellectuals and your women-tier Oprah's book-club style plebieanism is embarrassing.

My favorites:
>Infinite Jest
>Gravity's Rainbow
>Lolita
>Brothers Karamazov

Those are intellectual choices, for ACTUAL patricians
>>
>>7617794
It doesn't matter if you are being ironic or sincere: you are still pathetic.
My favorites:
A Frolic of his Own
The Recognitions
The Tunnel
The Lime Twig
Ulysses
Cannonball
Mason & Dixon
>>
No Longer Human
A Confederacy of Dunces
Lolita
Last Exit To Brooklyn
Stoner
Crime and Punishment

Bonus: I would choose the accident that kills me only
>>
>>7617780
Napoleon The Great by Andrew Roberts
The Hound of the Baskervilles
The Picture of Dorian Gray

Thats all I can think of for now
>>
>>7617842
I like two of those books and I like your answer

I'm going to read the rest of your favorites
>>
>>7617794
>This place is for intellectuals and your women-tier Oprah's book-club style
>Those are intellectual choices, for ACTUAL patricians

imagine thinking like this... living like this... reading fiction does not make you "intellectually superior" in any way, how do you define "intellectually superior" in this context... reading fiction does not necessarily help improve logical thinking as opposed to so many other fields of study that do. it holds no value except emotional and stylistic. if you really wanna talk about what "gets your brain working" (i assume that is what you mean by intellectual choices), look into philosophy... and even then, consuming material that has the potential to make you think doesnt mean you are affected by that potential. reading fiction isnt "intellectual" or whatever if anything its pretty stupid. in my very humble opinion. you have a preconceived value system that has nothing but platitudes to offer, and you live by it... you are stupid and you dont deserve to read the brothers karamazov (you probably only jerk off to the great inquisitor chapter, "ohhh thats so intelligent")
>>
>>7617924
>"it's all relative! XDD"

liberals, everyone
>>
>>7617927
i didn't say "it's all relative". i said fiction holds no intellectual value. retard
>>
>>7617842
>>7617842
>Last Exit to Brooklyn

MY BLACK MAN

I got that book when I was around fifteen and left it laying open on the coffee table.

Naturally, I didn't get to finish it. Worth picking up again?
>>
>>7617934
Yes, definitely. "Strike" is one of the greatest short stories ever IMO.
>>
What went wrong?
>>
>Moby-Dick
>Crime and Punishment
>War and Peace
>Lolita
>1984

In that order.
>>
Is this entire thread ironic shitposting? I know the first post is, and probably the second one, but I can't tell with the rest.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.