[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What secondary literature would you recommend on Iliad/Odyssey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Homer_British_Museum.jpg (20 KB, 220x277) Image search: [Google]
220px-Homer_British_Museum.jpg
20 KB, 220x277
What secondary literature would you recommend on Iliad/Odyssey?
>>
Cambridge Companion to Homer
>>
Homer's Trojan Theater: Space, Vision, and Memory in the IIiad

The Wrath of Athena: Gods and Men in The Odyssey
>>
>>7617274
Michael Wood's In Search of the Trojan War has an awesome companion book. Def not as scholarly as >>7617303 but very accessible.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:fa8a2fce6fe3d75380b66003991a9a24732fef5b&dn=In%20Search%20of%20the%20Trojan%20War%20%5BMichael%20Wood%5D.pdf
>>
>>7617274
Jean-pierre Vernant "Mortals and Immortals: Collected Essays"
>>
>>7617274
world of Odysseus
western way of war.
>>
>>7617274
Book I of Thucydides' Peloponnesian War. He has an interesting analysis of the general causes and effects of the Trojan War, and its ultimate effect on the political situation of Greece in his time.

Also, Plato. Just all of Plato. Start with the Republic.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.