[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cover_277.jpg (46 KB, 277x416) Image search: [Google]
cover_277.jpg
46 KB, 277x416
Can people recommend me some high fantasy please?
Note: I really enjoyed the Kingkiller Chronicles thus far so maybe I like shit books.
>>
>>7616297
1.moontide quartet (I did not like it but maybe you will)
2.runelords by David Farland (I did not like it but maybe you will)
Im assuming you read everything by Brandon Sanderson,joe abercrombie,terry goodkind,Mark Lawrence.
>>
Malazan if you can live without handholding
>>
>>7616297
The Godlanders War by Aaron Pogue
>>
>>7616297
The Cycle of Arawn
>>
>>7616297
The Book of the New Sun by pringles man
>>
>>7616297
Demon Cycle by Peter V. Brett (not recommended if whorish women send you into rage)
>>
well usually people will start shitting their pants right about now about genre fiction and this book being absolute terrible

aside from that i had thought name of the wind to be low fantasy, not high fantasy. is this right or wrong
>>
>>7616434
>is this right or wrong
nobody knows. I believe that high fantasy is stuff like lord of the rings where shit works out and low fantasy is the game of thrones type stuff with shit,piss and very little/no magic but some faggot tried to dispute that saying that if a cynical world has lots of magic its high fantasy.
>>7616434
I liked the book. I was mostly annoyed by the endless "im poor and underprivileged,all others are shit and don't get my pain' talk, I found the sex loving sexist amazons to be bit on the nose and I dislike the slow progression of the overall story (you know whats coming 1000 pages way, only the side trips have any suspense)
>>
>>7616452
this book made me stop reading fantasy, i guess i was just getting to handle real problems and real people while reading it and i just couldnt handle how very much like the masturbatory daydreams the story was

afterward i saw this in the very few fantasy bestsellers that i read since, it just seemed so stupid for me to read that kind of thing
>>
>>7616474
>masturbatory daydreams
aint nothing wrong with an occasional fap
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.