[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The New Testament
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: davidfosterwallace.jpg (40 KB, 320x442) Image search: [Google]
davidfosterwallace.jpg
40 KB, 320x442
The new testament is basically written in "wardine be cry" language. Koine greek was a bastardized patois not respected in the world of greek literature.
>>
The New Testament is boring as fuck. The Old Testament has all these wonderful stories about the meaning of hardship and the personal characters of great men, and then the New Testament is just like, "Believe and you'll be saved".
>>
>>7616120
Which is exactly why it worked so well.

You don't need to be a hero, see. You just need this one weird tip! Yes, I know there's more to it than that.
>>
>>7616127
>>7616120

The consistent referencing and repainting of the old testament is probably its only strength. By referencing greater literature than itself it succeeds in garnering respect and also gets people caught up in the scholarship of all the references.
>>
>>7616120
New Testament has better prose than Old Testament though.
>>
All religions end up like that, because it is the ultimate distillation of the religious thought pattern

Om mani padme hum, mirite?
mirite
>>
>>7616107
It was written for a people who weren't much liked themselves before they started copulating like rabbits and deceiving good people with their slave ideals.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.