[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Thank you for sending me a query letter describing your work.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: asfa3.jpg (20 KB, 335x363) Image search: [Google]
asfa3.jpg
20 KB, 335x363
>Thank you for sending me a query letter describing your work. After careful evaluation, I have decided that I am not the right agent to represent your work. I can only properly represent materials that greatly excite or interest me. Since this is such a subjective business, I am sure another agent will feel quite differently about your work.

>I wish you the best of luck finding representation with the right agent and good fortune with your writing career.

Goddamnit....this is about my 15th one of this, and shit I'm getting depressed.
>>
Guess that "homage to Finnegans wake" didn't pan out did it
>>
>>7615376
Not even close to anything finnegans wake related. Actually it's probably more commercial fiction than anything.
>>
How many dick pics did you include in your query letter?
>>
Replace your protag's name with his.
>>
>>7615371
Fuck me that rejection letter was pathetic. And to think that it is probably an auto response..
>>
>>7615404
gee, ya think? All rejections are auto responses.
>>
I don't even know how to begin sending my stuff around.
Do you send it to an agent or publisher?
And how do you even know of these agents?
>>
>>7615418
I sent it to an agent. They're pretty easy to find, there's several websites where you can search for them. Or you can buy a copy of publisher's market.
>>
>>7615408
Well OP needs to submit to publishers that have some fucking balls. If a publisher rejects you with a response like that it is a good thing. If a publisher rejects you with some substance, that is when it is time to be upset.
>>
>>7615394
That would make it a queery letter
>>
>>7615430
Unless you're sending it to a female agents....which 90% of agents are.
>>
>>7615424
What kind of websites?
And how do you know that they fit your style? Say i write literary fiction.
>>
>>7615429
I'm not desperate enough to submit directly to publishers yet. Publishers are significantly harder to impress than agents are, even though agents are hard as fuck to impress.

Plus, if you get a deal directly from a publisher, it's going to be a very bad deal and you'll basically be made a slave.
>>
>>7615433
Dude, seriously, search around, a google search can figure this shit out for you. A lot of agent sites you can use a search feature for whatever bullshit you're writing.
>>
>>7615434
You are not obligated to accept the offer, if it is a bad one.
>>
>>7615439
Uh....if you're desperate enough to be submitting to publishers, then yeah, you kind of are obligated to accept any offer you get.
>>
>>7615443
Why is that a desperate measure?
>>
>>7615445
Because it's basically throwing a Hail Mary, chances of success are almost nothing. Chances of impressing an agent is low, but possible.
>>
>>7615448
Only if you write like shit
>>
>>7615448
Almost nothing is also a possibility.
>>
>>7615451
Really? Then explain 50 Shades of Grey

>>7615454
Winning the lottery is also a possibility, you can't really count on it though.
>>
>>7615456
Winning the lottery is not a good comparison. Unless of course your number selction process forms a narrative.
>>
>>7615456
Oh, i thought you were talking about serious literature, nevermind then.
>>
>>7615460
>It's not a good comparison because it blows my argument out of the water.

>>7615461
>serious literature

Aside from that being highly subjective, all of the best selling novels out there are terribly written shit. There's very little market for "serious lit".
>>
>>7615468
Do you honestly believe that randon chance events, like the lottery, that are drawn uniquely each time have any relationship to something that has been refined, destroyed, adapted, and considered for literally (debatable) countless years? You're talking about nodes of relationship, and a piece of literature has many more historical points of relation over the random falling of numbers. Unless, you are considering chaos the creator and destroyer of the universe, but it is easy to put words in other peoples' mouths. I doubt it. It is not a good comparison, and you are a dense faggot.
>>
>>7615499
Dude, stop trying too hard. tl;dr
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.