[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Mega-deep non cliche edgy creative writing piece due in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3
File: short-stories1.jpg (164 KB, 520x281) Image search: [Google]
short-stories1.jpg
164 KB, 520x281
> Mega-deep non cliche edgy creative writing piece due in a few days.
> Fine ill do it.
> Begin brainstorming ideas for short story.
> Realise all my ideas are 'cliche' and/or come from some form of pre-existing literature or tv show/movie.
> wait a minute.
> there is a whole board of helpful, attractive and extremely knowledgeable literature lovers who can do the hard thinking for me.

> The theme must be about discovery. (self discovery, physical discoveries blah blah just has to be deep and will impress a marker who will sift through thousands of short stories.)

Post your idea for my NON-CLICHE short story that will make me known for ever amongst my teachers and class mates. Any and all ideas will be extremely helpful.

Thank you /lit/.
>>
>>7615269
This is not the homework board, friend. >>>/hm/ is thatta way.
>>
Ten page, post-modern piece of a man contemplating the universe, while fishing a light bulb out of his colon.
>>
You could have phrased that to not sound like a smug cunt and maybe I would have helped you. Instead I'm gonna tell you to choke on a fat one.
>>
>>7615283
That is edgy and creative as fuck senpai thanks.
>>
W. O. Jackson is, after having lead an empty life, convinced by his pet frog too shoot up his uni. The story takes place during a single day where you get to see Jackson go about his daily business, shitposting on vietnamese rug-weaving boards, pissing in bottles, masturbating to childrens cartoons, and talking to his frog. Towards the end of the day Peppers (his frog) finally convinces Jackson to bring vengeance to the society that shunned him.
>>
>>7615284
Im sorry if i came off as smug i just thought thats how i best merge amongst a board of self-important intellectuals
>>
>>7615286
Come on dude this will get me flagged and arrested. Poor effort 2/10
>>
>>7615291
It will get you flagged and arrested if you're percieved to be that sort of person irl, which I hope you don't. Written well enough, most people wouldn't even understand what's going on. Don't be a faggot, Anon.
>>
>>7615286
I'm kind of siding with this one, if done respectfully it could probably win you a creative writing award.
>>
>>7615294
>>7615293
Can i cite you two as creative inspiration? Just in case i get arrested i want the po po to know you guys told me to do it.
>>
>>7615296
Sure dude, my name is Walter Molinski, PhD. in lit, KSU.
>>
>>7615296
Sure thing, buddy. I'll remain Anonymous, though.
And just out of curiousity, what's the citation gonna look like?
>>
Dunno mane write about a nigga whos tryna do fine but suddenly feels some kind of shiet that pushes him 2 pursue a meaning for his shit knowing thyself and shit you know but when he finds what he was lookin 4 its so fuckin awful and lifebreakin that nigga wishes he had never found it
>>
>>7615269

How about a vapid shallow man who goes through a extended period of self-discovery and enlightenment only to realize at the very end of it that it was all a horrible lie/misunderstanding. His epiphany spurs him to commit the most grotesque and inane acts out of anger and the sense of futility of his journey.

The anticlimax is a sort of trashes/destroys the virtues/morals/principles and "knowledge" that various authors and self-help books intend to give you.
>>
>>7615303
Im thinking APA? hbu?
>>
>>7615300
Wow a real life professor! my teachers gonna go nuts thank you very much Mr.Molinksi. Do you mind if i call you Walter?
>>
>>7615312
I go by Mole.
>>
>>7615296
Well, if they get you, you confess that your silly cliche idea was stolen from Jean Paul Sartre's Érostrate in Le Mur.
>>
>>7615308
Do you mind articulating your idea a little more easier to digest? Not trying to seem rude it was just a little hard to understand senpai
>>
>>7615313
Ok Mole :) you can call me Fedorarick kinda like frederick but better.
>>
>>7615309
Thats crazy dark dawg will i win a oscar prize or something for this? Theres no way this is an original idea this is way too edgy.
>>
>>7615309

The anti-climax could also be in the form of the journey of self-discovery backfiring at the protagonist horribly (maybe for comical effect?).

eg. He visits tibetan shrines and explores buddhism and returns as an enlightened human being ready to live a life of peace only to find that his car got stolen, apartment vandalized and occupied by squatters because he didn't use proper security, his gf cheating on him because he forgot to leave money for her and she ended up doing gangbangs to earn. He forgot to file for taxes and gets arrested and raped in prison.

This entire faux-cliched-journey of "self-discovery" melts like snow in an oven when reality and responsibility (along with a prisoner's dick) grind him down.

The inner peace he learnt appears to him as the kind of peace that 12 year old girls feel they acquired when watching a sunset at an overcrowded beach.

At the end he's left an empty and destroyed shell of a human being rotting away in prison who is confused about anything and everything.
>>
>>7615320
Wow. Just wow. This is just incredible.
This some soul destroying shit dude. 9.5/10 wow
>>
>>7615320
The anticlimax MUST be very very short as compared to the drawn out journey of self discovery.

The goal is to impress the reader of the journey of self-discovery and then laugh at him on the last page dismissing all of it as bullshit.

The more impressive you make the journey of self-discovery the harder the anti-climax will hit. And it should hit in a short unexpected burst. A page or two at the end.
>>
>>7615320
For real though where did you source this idea from it seems like an interesting plot.
>>
>>7615323
For real though where did you source this idea from? Seems like a turkey slap in the face for the reader.
>>
>>7615326
what's a turkey slap?
>>
sorry for double post didnt get to cram them in
>>
>>7615326
>>7615324
>>7615322
>>7615319

Fuck off with your sarcasm.
You said: "any and all ideas are welcome".
Don't have to be such a smug cunt about it.
Do your own homework and fuck off back to school.
>>
>>7615328
Its like a regular slap but you know, with your thingo... you wack the person with your johnson
>>
>>7615316
Kinda like my nigga said below
Self discovery (or meaning seeking) travel because some kind of angst disrupts his ok life
What he ends up discovering happens to be fuckin awkward or awful, he was way more comfy (even if he cannot go back to the happy worried bout nuttin days) whe he was just angsty about the truth or meaning
Its like dunno
Religions or myths must be based on the terrenal and mundane so they can aspire to the absolute
Nigga cannot stand the truth or God, he really just wanted to be a follower and wait, not really absolutely knowing God/truth
>>
>>7615332
Ok but....I don't understand how turkeys are involved in that.
>>
>>7615331
I swear on our friendship im not being smug. Im getting some literally LITERALLY edgy ideas and some actual seriously dank ones its just how i express my interest
>>
>>7615334
So not your cliche traditional eat pray love self discovery. Its gonna be like a Heart of Darkness negative discovery
>>
Real simple, three acts, man vs. nature.

Act 1: Main character finds their wife in a goat farm with a male goat's foot up her ass, and it repeatedly heat butting her in the puss.

Act 2: Main character fights goat with a shovel

Act 3: Goat is now dead, reveal is that the wife was enjoying it and upset that her goat is now dead. Main character beats wife to death with shovel. The REAL reveal is that the main character is a WOMAN. This will get your feminist classmates puss' wet as shit.
>>
>>7615336

Since you've made a thread intended to get help but with the ulterior motive of ridiculing others and being a contrarian cunt, I should give you credit for falling for this bait.

Also, I think it's laughable if you think your sarcasm is in any way edgy or humorous,
>>
>>7615340
White knight alert kek
>>
>>7615339
A little too controversial dont you think? Can you tone it down a little? perhaps swap the goat for a man the wife is cheating on her husband with? now we are getting somewhere.
>>
>>7615338
Yeah or the movie Pi u know but with a normie character, not a sperglord
>>
>>7615345
If you make it a man, then feminists will rip your ass out dude, get real, come on.
>>
>>7615346
Thank you for your suggestion.
>>
>>7615339
It for real fucking will
>>
a girl who picks up a self-help book without knowing that it was written satirically by a goth or a weeb or a neckbeard fedora wearing neet. she takes the book seriously and fucks shit up.
>>
the character of your self discovery is the piece that you are writing. As you type it out, it becomes more and more self-aware about itself and you. The character talks about being itself being graded by your prof and reaching fulfillment of it's purpose in life by getting the highest grade that is or some shit.
>>
>>7615368
hahaha i was told that these 'self aware' stories that break the 4th wall are very common and pretty cliche in the final exams :)
>>
>>7615370

sorry bruh. just spitballing here.
>>
>>7615377
Thats ok its a good idea but keep em coming senpai
>>
a 53 year old highshool teacher is trying to work up the courage to ask one of his girl students to prom.
>>
>>7615283
It ends with him electrocuting himself because of the electrical cord that was up there too, because he liked the warm feeling.

Kind of like....ironic or some shit, I dunno. Just make the point that the universe is a cruel ass bitch.
>>
>>7615381
Make it a male, or at least a tranny, student and then we'll be talking.
>>
>>7615383
No fuck off
>>
>>7615381
Instead of asking her to the prom, make it so that he breaks into her locker while she's in gym class to sniff her panties.
>>
>>7615385
stop impersonating OP
>>
sexually frustrated gay loner must choose between literally buttfucking his future self who arrived by time travel and ended up as his prisoner. explore themes of narcissism, ego, perversion and taboo.
>>
>>7615391
I'm not, he's RUINING my vision
>>
>>7615388
Then it just turns into your run of the mill hentai plot, which is cliched af
>>
>>7615395
Choose between that and what?
>>
>>7615409
The only choice is gay sex.
>>
>>7615395

choose between
1. fucking his future self to relieve his crushing sexual frustration and then hopelessly trying to prevent his future rape

2. not doing that
(maybe: to his surprise leads to the future self raping his present self because the future self was sexually frustrated too)

conversation between them could be interesting idk.
>>
Ok main character is some guy named...oh let's say perry. He inappropriately hits on one of his fellow extra actors on a film set. She complains, and the casting director pulls him into his office and yells at him and says he'll never work in this business again....UNLESS he does the casting director a little favor. Let's say the casting agent's name is umm....Sandy Gallagher. So Perry has to whack off Sandy, and Sandy sucks Perry's dick.

The story is narrated by Don Barris, who has been making fun of Perry over this incident for almost 30 years.
>>
>>7615395
Wasn't this the basic plot to that movie Predestination?
>>
character discovers a monstrous ancient cave.

devastated by regular floods. character notes the toll these floods have taken on the cave inside and it's dwellers and how they survive.

character is my dick. cave is OP's mom's vagina.
>>
>>7615435

cave is also periodically visited by hundreds of one eyed beasts.
>>
>>7615435
beef bus up the tummy tunnel. I like it, pulitzer in the making.
>>
>>7615435
4/10 didnt see that one coming.
>>
File: 1443662334643.jpg (198 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443662334643.jpg
198 KB, 500x500
>>7615269
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this is related to the HSC?

If so, fuck you I will take whatever idea you get from this thread.
>>
>>7615507
You faggot if you do that then we will both be done for plagarism. go make your own thread bitch
>>
>>7615515
;) doubt it friend, like you said there are thousands of creatives.

Which school do you go to, if you don't mind me asking? (This could minimise risk ;) ;) ;) )
>>
>>7615517
Im near castle hill NSW, you?
>>
>>7615522
I'm in Willoughby, but not the girl's school ya horny bugger.

Pretty neat seeing a fellow HSC'er, hope it treats you well.

Also most likely underage b& so reported.
>>
>>7615527
beat you to it :) good luck with HSC aswell senpai
>>
>>7615522

lol .I'm from there too. Thanks for making this thread for me.
>>
>>7615553
Lets meet up towers bro?
>>
A story about how a guy discovering the convenience of cheating in life /plagiarism when he posts his final exam paper question on an anonymous board, submits something and gets an amazing grade.

You're daring the prof checking your paper to call you out on it. They can't do that tho because it's a piece of "fiction"
>>
another one
>>
File: kxxVLCl.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kxxVLCl.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
another one
>>
>>7615343
Awkward word choice, revise pls
>>
>>7615269
A story about two men that meet on an online literature board. They request a meet-up at a spot around Castle Hill. When the main character arrives, however, the other character is dressed in all leather and has a whip holstered at his hip. He takes the protaonist captive, who soon falls into the leathery grips of Stockholm symdrome. They get mixed up in a year-long BDSM affair until the other character cheats on the protagonist, causing him to build anger to the point of murder.

Explore themes of sexual freedom, anger, insanity, the difference between lust and love, the mental effects of Stockholm syndrome
>>
>>7615675
Call it 50 shades of Gay
>>
>>7615683
That title is 50 shades of cliché
>>
The last woman alive works in a laboratory that can increase the density of an object by slight amounts. she says 'what the hell, I'll make my self into a black hole'. She sets the dials to their highest settings and enters the machine. As she gains density, she feels a moment of pain, but then the bliss of death. However, she feels something forming within her, like an explosion. She feels as though she has created a universe and within what seems like a few moments, she watched the beginning and end of the universe, highlighting the blips of life she sees spring forth. At the end of it all, she feels like a mother or something like that.
>>
>>7617702
That is pretty edgy, and it can be made to be even more edgy
>>
>>7615269
>Building a work around a plot
How fucking shit can you be?
>>
>>7617715
Agreed
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.