[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this. Is it worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: polybius 2.jpg (101 KB, 296x450) Image search: [Google]
polybius 2.jpg
101 KB, 296x450
Just finished this. Is it worth reading?
>>
These threads trigger me. Congratulations you retarded faggot.
>>
>>7613869
>translation

no
>>
>>7613869

You think some people might find it worth reading.
>>
wait, what?
>>
Yes, But you should have asked first then read it.
>>
>>7613869
reading history book with no question in mind its pretty useless reading overall.
>>
>>7613869

chuckled pretty hard 9/10
>>
>>7613869
lel
>>
OP this is an extremely high quality (shit) post. Well done.
>>
start with the greeks next time pleb
>>
mighty kek
>>
>>7614622
Polybius was a Greek lad...
>>
>>7613869
>begging approbation

You're not there yet.
>>
Seriously though every other fucking thread
>Is this worth reading?
>What does /lit/ think of this?
>Just started this. Is it good?
>Is this good?
>Is this worth the read?

Fuckkkkkkkk
>>
>>7613869
When will the "I finished X, is it any good?" meme fuck off.

In fact why can't we have nice things and this whole meme culture shit just went away forever?
>>
>>7615813
Memes may keep sincere idiocy at bay
>>
>>7613869
Shoulodn't you know that given you read it, OP?
>>
>>7615813
>>7615930

It must run its course.
Sadly more memes will follow,
and some will be worse.
This infection nears its cure;
here's the logical extreme: >>7613933
>>
>>7613869
you win

best OP, 2014

well done faggot.
>>
i enjoy this dank new maymay
>>
>>7615813
Why not start an original and engaging thread yourself instead of responding to meme posts?
>>
>>7613977
Fight me.
>>
now THAT is what I call a shitpost
>>
>>7617142
history is not just a chain of events but a description of process, by reading it as some sort of novel, you miss the bigger question that need to be asked in order to understand the events. for example when Plutarch describe the life of Pericles he asks if the claim against him by the people of Athens that he poisoned the people of Athens soul is justified, which can be traced back to Plato's Gorgias interestingly enough.

by not asking such question but looking on it as interesting chain of events you miss the point of the author or even worst be blind to it. you also would miss as result interesting question such as his why did he picked such sources, how does he treat them and what does he try to show and how by this.

more then that you will lose the point of history which is still to understand the actions of humans and not just telling stories or chain of events.

such understandings can only rise with question beforehand that guide you and not just by a blind reading in itself.
>>
>>7617485
You're doing the good work anon.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.