[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am thinking about writing a book about this picture. Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: trolley problem.jpg (30 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
trolley problem.jpg
30 KB, 600x250
I am thinking about writing a book about this picture. Do you have any advice?
>>
Make it from the perspective of the switch itself. Write things like "I hope that sociopath doesn't pull me anywhere!" or "I hate having all this power, GAHHH!!"
>>
Don't
>>
Books are for nerds
>>
>>7613774
cec
>>
A hypothetical is an "impossible" situation such that morality is simplified to the quatity of people.

You can write how the masses is not individualized humans and play on the stalin death-statistics quote.
>>
>>7613769
I want to focus on the man who is standing and not tied to a rope. Does he pull the switch or does he not pull the switch? I think there is a lot of discussion to be had about his thought process and I want to explore that.
>>
>>7613814
Imagine if he isn't there.

What makes him to have the need to go up there and think that what he does is any different than what he doesn't.
>>
File: 1368331669357.png (51 KB, 1024x390) Image search: [Google]
1368331669357.png
51 KB, 1024x390
>>7613769
Why bother. If you are gonna do it, you are gonna do it.
>>
>>7613889
Exactly. He might find innocence in not acting at all.
Or he may consider the values of the individuals.
Or the value of the planet.
>>
If you pull the lever, you must take your ideology I the extreme and dedicate your entire life to the preservation of life
>>
The plot revolves around a philosophy graduate student destined to fuck and murder his way up the rung of academia with his massive barbed dick. This picture is the climactic scene.
>>
File: 1354326170722.jpg (45 KB, 500x646) Image search: [Google]
1354326170722.jpg
45 KB, 500x646
>the notorious railway killer strikes again
>passerby are advised to stand well clear, as the switch generally does nothing but nothing but activate a bomb
>if you see suspicious looking individuals laying down cable car track, call 911 immediately
>>
>>7613769
you're too late, i've already included it as a scene in my novella.
>>
File: Untitl6ed.png (277 KB, 1465x546) Image search: [Google]
Untitl6ed.png
277 KB, 1465x546
Does it make a difference?
Why or why not?
>>
>>7614414
Yes
It changes a lot of things
No
It is the same
>>
>>7614414
Yes. If we're going to measure things by their Utilitarian impact on the physical, finite universe, we can only measure the relative worth of each choice by their impacts as finite procedures.
>>
it's superman fanfiction
superman comes down and saves the day
superman is best
super man yay
>>
>>7614426
Good point but phrased obscurely. Are you a grad student?
>>
File: 141439398035.jpg (43 KB, 526x473) Image search: [Google]
141439398035.jpg
43 KB, 526x473
>>7614414
holy shit hahahahahaha
>>
File: me in my room.png (87 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
me in my room.png
87 KB, 400x262
>>7614486
Thanks I'm pretty funny and make most of /lit/s good OC. I consider becoming a tripfag now and then- I could easily be remembered as the equal of someone like Quentin.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.