[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
read new york trilogy, thought it was clever if a little amateurish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: auster1_image1.jpg (28 KB, 369x450) Image search: [Google]
auster1_image1.jpg
28 KB, 369x450
read new york trilogy, thought it was clever if a little amateurish

what else of his is worth reading?
>>
at first glance he looks like a weird jewish will smith
>>
>>7612923
i see it

or a handsome leper
>>
File: solitude.jpg (23 KB, 252x369) Image search: [Google]
solitude.jpg
23 KB, 252x369
>>7612908

This was pretty good I thought
>>
Man in the Dark, Invisible, and The Book of Illusions are his best novels. The rest range from interesting to as you said, amateurish.
>>
get the book Collected Prose for invention of solitude and hand to mouth

Report from the interior is 75% good

Invisible is pretty good... particularly the middle
>>
>>7612908
I liked Moon Palace.
Some of his screenplays are good, like Lulu on the Bridge. I haven't seen the movie, but he wrote and directed it, so it might be worth watching.

PS: His daughter is classy as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKfS4TGrZlY
>>
>>7613281
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKfS4TGrZlY
embarrassing t.bh
>>
I enjoyed The Music of Chance
thought Leviathan and In the Country of Last Things were meh
>>
>>7613888
Why?
The girl is good.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.