[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"most of us including myself have only heard of it for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: prince of niggeria .jpg (118 KB, 707x444) Image search: [Google]
prince of niggeria .jpg
118 KB, 707x444
"most of us including myself have only heard of it for the first time in the last week "
is there any mistakes in this sentence ?
and sorry of any mistake because english is not my mother tongue
>>
"Most of us, including myself, have only heard of it for the first time last week."

Not necessarily anything wrong but it's not really right either.
>>
>>7612842
Or "Most of us, myself included, only heard it for the first time last week."
Superfluous words are bad.
>>
Most of us heard about it last week.
>>
i herd the weak into most of us for the first, or the last, time.
>>
Most of us, last week, had only for the first time heard about it myself being included
>>
>>7613146
For the very first time, the week prior to the present, our present company, myself not excluded, became knowledgeable about the recent events.
>>
Most, including myself, of us, last week, heard it, for the first time. Only.
>>
recent events became known to us, from last week, i kissed a girl
>>
>>7612831
Most of us, myself included, hadn't heard of it until last week, niggerfaggot.
>>
Most of us -- myself included -- have only heard of it in the last week for the first time.
>>
The guys and I only heard about it last week, or the week before, can't be sure.
>>
Most of us, including me, hadn't heard about it until last week.
>>
>>7612831
it depends on context, but i'm fairly sure that the best form of it is

most of us, myself included, had only heard of it for the first time last week
>>
>>7612831
It sounds like vernacular english as in how a native speaker might speak.
>>
Most of us only heard about it last week.

"Myself included" is probably redundant given the context, and "for the first time" is also implied. You wouldn't have "only heard about it last week" if it was your second time hearing about it, for example.
>>
I heard of it. Most of us heard of it. But for all of us that heard of it we heard of it last week. That was the first time we heard of it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.