[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /lit/ recommend me some Jewish literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
Can /lit/ recommend me some Jewish literature?
>>
Roth
>>
Kafka
>>
>The Protocols of the Elders of Zion
>Das Kapital
>>
Tanakh
>>
The Talmud is extremely hard to read. Without the proper training there's no way you could make sense of what's written there.

I'd stick to Kafka if I were you.
>>
Sholem Aleichem
>>
How to Spend Less Shekels by Goodgoy Shylock
>>
>>7612254
Herzog by Bellow.

It's brilliant.
>>
>>7612333
Va'aleichem Hassholem
>>
I liked Shosa by Singer.
>>
>>7612254
das kapital
>>
>>7612254
The Bible
>>
>>7612254
Mein kampf.
>>
File: Nietzsche-21.jpg (17 KB, 220x294) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche-21.jpg
17 KB, 220x294
>>7612254
>he's asking for judeo-christian moraity fables wriiten by slaves
>>
>>7612364
kek

Leonard Cohen OP.

I assume you're asking for Jewish ethnic writers?
Because all the famous "Jewish authors" were atheists or agnostics, most anyway.
>>
Isaac Babel for fiction

Joseph Roth - The Wandering Jews

Peter Novick - Holocaust in American Life
>>
>>7612254
The Protocols of the Elders of Zion
>>
>>7612797
this. even if it is a hoax, whoever wrote it really had great insights regarding the 'chosen people's' penchant for deviousness and deceit
>>
Art Spiegelman - Maus
>>
Haim Nahman Bialik
Max Landu
I am not sure if its translated but after 67' bunch of kibutz(a form of political establishment from the foundation of Israel) released a book with discussion between the soldiers on the 6 days wars, its called "Siach Lochamim"(discussion of fighters) and quite a n interesting read in itself
>>
>>7612282
>>7612273
/thread
>>
>>7612532
>implying
>>
Crackpot by some Jewish Canadian bitch. Worst book I ever read.

I heard the book Catch the Jew was illuminating
>>
>>7612254

see thread

OP wants to read about jews

>>all of my what

why would you want to read about those clowns?

topkekkleslovakia.
>>
"Muh 6 gorillion" by Shlomo Sheklesteinberg
>>
>>7614217
Sounds too postmodern for my liking
>>
>>7612254
Saul Bellow
Roth
Any liberal magazine
>>
>>7612328
This makes me want to read it more, advice?
>>
>>7612254
Mein Weltbild by albert Einstein, its kind of interesting, solid but nothing special.
>>
>>7612254
>>7612620
>Isaac Babel for fiction
This. The rest of the folks named ITT are East-Coast Americans who do not differ much by ethnicity. Saroyan for instance is the very same Roth but with Armenians for Jews.
"Daddy" is a 2004 film based on a play by Alexander Galich which I also can suggest to you as a divertisement for things produced by the American Jewish community.
>>
>>7615423
Are you a German?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.