[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does determinism result in nihilism? Since I accepted determinism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Does determinism result in nihilism?
Since I accepted determinism / hard incompatibilism I pretty much swallow in a complete apathy.
>>
I prefer to swallow in oscillating ecstasy.
>>
I prefer to swallow in oscillating ecstasy.
>>
Don't swallow too hard or you'll choke.
>>
No? The determinateness of your actions does not inherently predispose you to anything, since from an interior reference of a closed system, all actions feel equally free. You could just as easily have chosen - and thus have been determined - to grab life the balls instead of being a lazy NEET faggot. Hard determinism does not mean you take your inherent limitations lying down, since your will is also a part of this deterministic system. And this isn't even touching on the fact determinism makes no claims about metaphysics

God just think this shit through you fucking redditor sick of this Babby hipsters first existential crisis bullshit
>>
>>7612227
>confusing a cosmic perspective for a human one
Anon no
>>
>>7612258

At least you tried
>>
>>7612266
Nice argument
>>
File: nietzsche re fatalism.png (33 KB, 785x300) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche re fatalism.png
33 KB, 785x300
>>7612227
Only when misunderstood. See pic related.
>>
>>7612258
>dude radical freedom lmao
Not so fast there J.P. Crosseye. You can't just declare the mind a closed system, it's highly suscepible to external influences. Accepting a determinist view of the world could have a paralysing effect on a emotional level, and the further realisation of this crippling effect a piece of information could have would only reinforce OP's faggotty belief that he is a puppet dancing on the strings of the universe. To truely remain human while living with hard determinism you must internalise the inescapable presence of external effects shaping you while at the same time (in an almost willfully ignorant way) choosing to raise up your natural self as the autocrat of your being.
Also metaphysics a shit, take your mind-body dualism elsewhere you cryto-Bolshevik
>>
>>7612317
The universe is the closed system not the mind you dip
>>
>>7612330
But his actions aren't equally free from the interior reference of the universe you dip
>>
>>7612348
Which is I explicitly said you determinism does in no way imply taking your biological and character defects as "welp, it was all determined better just fap to futa for the rest of my life then" you dip
>>
>>7612227
>swallow in a complete apathy.
show my your dead eyes baby
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.