[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i´m interested in "sacred geometry" (metatron, life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: metaron.png (20 KB, 220x244) Image search: [Google]
metaron.png
20 KB, 220x244
i´m interested in "sacred geometry" (metatron, life flower, platonic solids kind of stuff) and beauty mathematics (fibonacy, golden proportion etc).
i do not know where to start, i never study "hard math", just the basic calculus and algebra or fin a serius book about it (just mystic mindfart).
what can you recomend? something to start with and get the bascis
thanks /lit/, by the way, if you have something in spanish (i lear english but i prefer my mother lenguage if possible) that will be the best thing, but if dont i can deal with english
>>
Maybe start by learning the correct terms for the things you're supposedly interested in, as well as how to spell them, then go and ask on /x/ rather than /lit/.
>>
Start with Euclid's Elements
>>
>>7608850
sorry for any spelling horrors, i came to lit couse i want something more serius abour (an study about their presence in history maybe?). anywhere i find something interesting i just end up with "iniciation" and stuff like that.
>>
>>7608846

Mario Livi wrote a book on the Golden Ratio and (I think) Fibonacci. He maybe presses his case too far sometimes, but he might lead to other sources for you.
>>
>>7608850
Stop being a butt.
>>
>>7608846
Take your pseudoscience to /x/.
>>
>>7608869
im not interesting in the "pseudoscience" aspects of it (thatss the whole point for not asking on /x/). i want the more mathematical aspects of it (just curiosity, like studing symbols). i dont like the "mystic" aspect of this stuff, just interest in the mathematics and geometry behind it
>>
>>7608865
thanks, i will start with it, any other recomendation will be apreciated
>>
>>7608846
You don't really need any abstract maths for this. There's things like Group Theory and the study of Symmetries but those aren't going to help you understand much - it's pretty abstract and is more about classifying and doing mathematics with symmetry relations, not the aesthetics of the thing.
The closest I can think of that might be of interest are Kabbalah texts like the Hekhalot books. Maimonides also wrote something on the hierarchy of angels(which again ties into the Sephiroth) which you might also like. /x/ probably knows more about this kind of stuff, you should also ask there.
There's also some parts of the Divine Comedy that deal with the shape and symmetry of Hell, Purgatory and Heaven, but they're by no means the focus of the work.
>>
>>7608879
thats was something interesting. thanks. im an atheist but i find this very interesting
>>
How the World Is Made: The Story of Creation According to Sacred Geometry by John Mitchell.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.