[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck am I reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 9780253207289_med.jpg (35 KB, 230x365) Image search: [Google]
9780253207289_med.jpg
35 KB, 230x365
What the fuck am I reading
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 552x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 552x435
>translation
>>
>>7608502

A book would be the most obvious answer.
>>
>>7608502
i have no idea because the english wikipedia page is obtuse and there is no french one
how about you tell us, OP?
>>
>>7608512
I have no idea, that's why I'm asking
>>
continental philosophy
both marxism and capitalism are under the forces of libido

it's criticism of marxism
>>
>>7608536
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>7608539
you have the book
>>
>>7608543
But I need help with understanding it.

Just throw me some guidelines and I should be good. Would really appreciate it
>>
>>7608544
okay here it is, he wrote it after how france dealt with their labor demonstration

libidinal is basically theoretical "feel good" it's not just sexual drive, it's ,in this case, political philosophy unconnected to reality and somehow it has to do with the freudian drive
so in the most simplistic terms
"communism and capitalism are theories of unrealistic assumptions hence they are in inherently broken because they don't "deal" with this fact"

the difficulty is in the structure of the book not really the message, it is a parody of academic theory
>>
>>7608567
Thank you
>>
>>7608544
>please spoon feed me
>I'm this retarded
I suggest you kill yourself
>>
>>7608619
>guidelines
>"spoon feed"
You ought to be thrashed, for you are a scoundrel.
>>
>>7608636
>I have no idea, that's why I'm asking
>I need help understanding it
>not asking to be spoon fed
>>
>>7608544
why are you reading lyotard but have no idea what's going on?
are you doing a master's at the new school or something?
i can't really think of a situation where what you are implying makes any sense
>>
>>7608640
I don't know, I just want to understand it. I feel like it. No, it's not connected to academic studies. I'm having a hrd time grasping the core concepts, which is why I made this thread.
>>
>>7608647
you should probably read deleuze first
>>
>>7608652
Duly noted
>>
>>7608502
I really like that cover.
>>
>>7608647
It's just a weird thing to jump to
I read french and have a degree in philosophy and yet had never heard of this book
Was wondering how you arrived at it without having read things that would help you understand (baudrillard, deleuze)
>>
>>7608942
I believe I first head of it while reading of the events that took place in Paris in '68
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.