[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which author was the first to really pull you in and why? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1451579796976.jpg (665 KB, 1104x800) Image search: [Google]
1451579796976.jpg
665 KB, 1104x800
Which author was the first to really pull you in and why?

I'm not talking about the first story you liked, I mean the one that made you so hungry for more that you eventually ended up on /lit/

Pic related; A lot of his works are unnecessarily drawn out, but I happened to catch "The White Ship" by happy accident and was so caught up in the beautiful fantasticality of it all that I almost thought I had woken up from the story itself when I was done.
>>
Letters on England by Voltaire :^)
>>
>>7608000

depends

> novels

Mishima: Confessions of a Mask. Got it square-on with the conflict of one's disgust when faced with being a fag. I'd know too. Also well written.

> poetry

let's not kid ourselves. Everyone's answer is Yeats/Eliot/Shakespeare
>>
>>7608048
> poetry
Nelligan tbqh.
>>
Nabokov, for prose. Coleridge for poetry. The first still stands while the latter has faded.
>>
dan brown. art, history, and conspiracy theories all rolled into one, it was everything the middle school version of myself could have asked for. after reading through a handful of his novels i got tired of how formulaic they were and moved on, but he's what initiated my interest in literature.
>>
>>7608000
Dumas. I was in jail, and I was alone. When I came away from it, my understanding of the depth of literature changed forever.
>>
>>7608048
Confessions of a mask made me finally realize how not gay I was.
>>
>>7608000
The trial of Kafka.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.