[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Translate this sentence to something legible. It's kinda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (342 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
342 KB, 1600x1200
Translate this sentence to something legible. It's kinda like a double negative:

I don't want to do anything anymore ever again.
>>
"I don't want to do anything anymore ever again" is grammatically correct and it's meaning is altered if you remove anything from it.
>>
I want to do nothing forever.
>>
>>7607429
But you can rephrase it, which is what OP wants
>>
"ever again" is redundant in a literal sense but it adds emphasis
>>
For the remainder of my life, I dont want to perform any action, think any thought, feel any emotion, perceive anything perceivable.
>>
Until my death I want to languish
>>
Nevermore shall I move
>>
>>7607419
Please kill me
t. OP
>>
Really, it works perfectly well as emphatic colloquial speech as it is, but if you wanna be non-redundant, you need to remove either "anymore" or "ever again," as they mean the same thing here.
>>
>>7607913

O sorry, guess I'm late to the party. In that case:

Henceforward it is my constant wish, and never to be altered by the entreaties or admonitions of the greater and unclean part of this our race, never to lift a finger, nay, to blink an eye, but rather I shall have a servant moisten it for me; never to think a hard thought or puzzle a hard problem, but rather I shall have my tutor think and puzzle for me; never again to be the common fool and perform futile and saucy actions on or for this whoreson dead body we call an Earth, so that I perchance might dematerialize merely, and become more a rarified mist than a beating and striving, hopeless man.

^There you go OP, my real suggestion.
>>
Windchimes wistled in the grentle breeze where my life's fraying tallies dangled.
>>
>>7607948
This is my first time actually bothering to visit /lit/ and you have just made my day.

Congratchumals.
>>
I don't want to do things ever again.
>>
>>7607948
this is brilliant
>>
i dont want to do things. no more, never again.
>>
>>7607419
I have no wish to ever-again do anything [with my life].
>>
>>7607419
I have no will anymore.
>>
>>7607419
I want nothing but this english breakfast.
>>
I want to act.
>>
I'm the baby, gotta love me!
>>
>>7607419
I wish I could do nothing till the end of eternity
>>
>>7607419
Δεν θέλω να kάνω πιά τίποτα, ποτέ.
>>
>>7607419
Je ne veux plus faire rien, jamais.
>>
>>7607419
Nu vreau să mai fac nimic niciodată.
>>
>>7607419
Quoth the anon, 'Nevermore'.
What is this plate of colon cancer
on thy boards' Plutonian shore?
>>
I'd rather not.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.