[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the new meme trilogy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: memetrilogy.png (418 KB, 606x296) Image search: [Google]
memetrilogy.png
418 KB, 606x296
Is this the new meme trilogy?
>>
sure why not
>>
>>7607252
gass isn't good
>>
File: The “The” Trilogy.jpg (304 KB, 1314x666) Image search: [Google]
The “The” Trilogy.jpg
304 KB, 1314x666
>>7607252
No, this is.
>>7607284
Nice bait.
>>
no translations allowed in meme trilogy
>>
>>7607294
I thought J.R. was more memey than Recognitions
>>
>>7607294
Gass is literally the /lit/ version of the Emperors New Clothes

>>7607252
Borges is the only one who belongs there.
>>
>>7607305
But it doesn't have a "the" in the title.
>>
It's not a trilogy. You should've called it a trinity, would've been much funnier. You fucking suck.
>>
>>7607312
>Gass is literally the /lit/ version of the Emperors New Clothes
This is not an argument. And I doubt you've even read Gass.
>>
>>7607252
You can't force a meme trilogy; it has to arise naturally.
>>
>>7607320
back to reddit
>>
File: The-Emperors-New-Clothes.png (238 KB, 550x271) Image search: [Google]
The-Emperors-New-Clothes.png
238 KB, 550x271
>>7607332
Actually ive been working most of the evening trying to get that anons scan down to a manageable sizeI really like playing with acrobat. Ive seen Gass, I've read Gass, and for anyone to be convinced it is of merit means that they are following in the footsteps of morons.
>>
>>7607337
But I get downvoted when I post on reddit.
>>
>>7607252
NO

>>7607294
NO

Stop forcing a meme faggots
>>
>>7607333
the /lit/ese have already become disillusioned with Ulysses' Infinite Rainbow, and Gass and Gaddis are quickly rising to take their place. Ficciones is not a tier 1 meme but is an appropriate placeholder until a new challenger rises.
>>
>>7607312
>Gass is literally the /lit/ version of the Emperors New Clothes

But this is the defining mark of a meme book
>>
>>7607354
in that case borges and gaddis does not belong there
>>
>>7607252
dont force a meme trilogy
>>
>>7607341
Okay. Explain why it is called The Tunnel, then.
>>
>>7607252
This is Gass' best. The Tunnel is shit. If you like it or claim it's the best Gass work it means you got trolled into liking it because of the page count alone.
>>
>>7607374
You do not appreciate prose if you think The Tunnel is shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (328 KB, 649x595) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
328 KB, 649x595
>>7607380
It's a fucking Pollock painting. Some douchebag stands in front of it and sees meaning, but in the end its just masturbation via verbiage. If you think this prose is brilliant you are walking behind the emperor.
>>
>>7607392
Yes, make more baseless claims about an author you haven't read. It really makes you look intelligent.
>>
A rule of thumb that I generally follow is that anyone who invokes the emperor and his mint condition clothing is someone you can't take seriously.
>>
In about 20 years The Tunnel will be hailed as the masterpiece it is.
>>
>>7607392
I don't give a shit about meaning i m just reading it for the fucking crazy prose
>>
>>7607580
This. It's only a matter of time.
>>7607583
This is fine too.
>>
So is The Tunnel kind of like the Death Grips of /lit/?
>>
Is the meme trilogy a monthly thing now ?
>>
>>7607651
No, not really.
>>
Redditor here. What makes these books a meme trilogy?
>>
>>7607252
New meme troligoy: Ador, or Ardor, Auto da Fe, The Ebd of the Night.
>>
>>7607341
>fucking with a pdf for a few hours == reading Gass enough to form a coherent, nuanced opinion
pls do not post on this web site
>>
>>7607252

The real new meme trilogy is 2666, the recognitions and women and men

the tunnel is just a shitty forced meme pushed by one tripfag
>>
>>7607972
>the tunnel is just a shitty forced meme pushed by one tripfag
dont pretend you dont love it.
>>
>>7607697
Get the fuck out
>>
>>7607665
What would be?
>>
What all you newfriends don't understand, is that there's a certain rationale behind the meme trilogy. Post factum, maybe, but it's there. Ulysses is modernist, GR is postmodernist, IJ is post-postmodernist.

But sure. Why not.
>>
>>7607407
Why do insecure plebs always claim that if anyone doesn't like their favorite mediocre novel it's because they haven't read it.
>>
>>7608625
Because most people here don't read, anon. I'm fine if someone doesn't like Gass, but calling him bad is just fallacious.
>>
>>7608598

Im not saying its bad but it should wait for the 3rd meme trilogy instead of being clumsily inserted into one /lit/ already settled on. Also, 2666 > The Tunnel.
>>
>>7608746
>2666 > The Tunnel.
I disagree, but you are entitled to your own opinion. Anyway, I'm just trying to raise awareness for an author that is fresh and more than worthy of discussion.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.