[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made this man so special/adored?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: o-BUKOWSKI014SJ5-facebook.jpg (431 KB, 1536x1121) Image search: [Google]
o-BUKOWSKI014SJ5-facebook.jpg
431 KB, 1536x1121
What made this man so special/adored?
>>
>>7604986
no idea who that is. have you read manuscript found in saragossa? you should.

dunno who the old guy is though. check out that book i mentioned. you will, cuz you're a cool guy. i can tell.

-from a cool guy to a cool guy
>>
Nobody here gives a fuck about him.
>>
>>7605037
OP, you're not being a very cool guy. I'm disappointed. I had hoped that you were as cool as i thought you were. I guess you don't deserve to look up that book i suggested.

-from a cool guy to a disappointingly uncool fool
>>
the fact that he doesn't give a shit
>>
>>7605040
Damn OP you missed out, that guy was pretty cool.
>>
>>7605040
im just asking a good damn question
>>
>>7605208

hey guy. cool it.

-from a cool guy to an uncool angry guy
>>
He appeals to people on the periphery of society, either because they're edgy or because they're sensitive NEET hikis. Unfortunately most of the people I've met IRL like him because of the former reason, and interpret his basic prose as a sign of "keeping it real". I like Bukowski though. I think much of the reason he's so disliked by the establishment and so on is because he was working class and didn't spend any time disguising that fact.
>>
Imo bukowski represents the lowlife we (generalisation but whatev) all believe we are. We can fail, therefore we are bukowski.

Not to say Bukowski was a failure but... at least what he wrote was from the perspective of a self declared failure.
>>
His work will not be remembered throughout the vastness of eternity.
ONLY MAN WHO PRODUCES WORKS AS MASTERFUL AND TIMELESS AS THE BIBLE WILL LIVE ON FOREVER. INFACT, EVEN THE BIBLE FALLS SHORT OF THE MARK.

>the 4.543 billionth year
>Not wanting to carve out your legacy and immortality onto the great stone tablet that is the earth
>Not wanting your writing to be the underlying current of which society bases its morality and existence on
>Not wanting to become a permanent fixture of the past and present of mankind

BUKOWSKI IS NOTHING
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF SATISFIED IN ANYWAY DURING OR AFTER READING THIS HALF MANS RAMBLINGS THEN YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF AND DECIMATE THE REST OF YOUR BLOODLINE WHILE YOU ARE AT IT

THERE IS NOTHING HE CAN TEACH ME
>>
>>7604986
He's got huge balls. Physically. He says so in a lot of his writing. People love balls.
>>
>>7605390
>thinking human work, any human work, will carry througout eternity
>inmortality starts somewhere
>fearing so much your own insignificance that you need the illusion to leave something you are not to future people who will never get to really know you
>not taking into account the first and ultimate meaning of writing: to communicate significatively with one another

Also try keeping your caps locked, this is not Facebook, retard.
>>
>>7605484
MY POST STILL STANDS.
>thinking human work, any human work, will carry througout eternity
BUT IT WILL YOU MORON

>fearing so much your own insignificance that you need the illusion to leave something you are not to future people who will never get to really know you
IMPLYING AGAIN. IT'S OKAY I CAN ALREADY SENSE HOW RETARDED YOU ARE

>not taking into account the first and ultimate meaning of writing: to communicate significatively with one another
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL OR?
THE POINT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE AS A REPLY TO MY POST

>Also try keeping your caps locked, this is not Facebook, retard.
NICE ONE FAGGOT, BUT LIKE THE REST OF YOUR POST IT WAS ENTIRELY POINTLESS
>>
go to bed charlie
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.