[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever read this? I just picked it up and I have zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Has anyone ever read this? I just picked it up and I have zero expectations.
>>
File: 1449533385763.jpg (47 KB, 432x449) Image search: [Google]
1449533385763.jpg
47 KB, 432x449
>>7604594
Damn looks cool, haven't read it give me an update
>>
>>7604594
you're the faggot who keeps shitting up the sff thread with this. Just read the fucking book, do you have to be spoonfed your own opinions or something? If that's too hard, read the blurb.
>>
i've read it, and i think it's better than lord of the rings because the bad guys are believable.

"There be two days in every month when whatever is begun will never reach completion."
- Gorice XII
>>
try to keep in mind it was written back in 1922, so the language is gonna be kind of flowery. and you won't find any horse lords raping dragon princesses.
>>
>>7604594
I've read it. yes. Its great, It's one of the best bits of fantasy literature to come out of the 1900s. The characters are nearly greek, their herculean feats, the prose is weird as fuck, but it's worth reading through. I loved it much more than the lord of the rings. much more. if you end up liking it, i believe it's part of a series as well. Also, you might enjoy Jurgen! check it out some time. I actually think i suggested this to someone who was asking about Harry Potter yesterday. is that you, OP?
>>
>>7604594
>>7605954
>>7605908

Listen to these anons OP. I don't usually read fantasy and was thoroughly entertained by this book. Eddison's writing is ornate and his descriptions and world-building are fantastical. He presents us with compelling characters on all sides of conflict. It is genuinely one of the most enjoyable fantasy novels I've ever delved into.
>>
>>7605062
OP here. Genuinely never posted anywhere about this book. I barely ever post here.

To everyone else: I'm enjoying it so far. The title intrigued me.
>>
>>7605954
>Jurgen

based anon, the other fantasy novels by james branch cabell are also a great read.
>>
>>7605062
Actually I was the one who made ONE post about this book--my one and only post in the sff thread--asking if anyone read it.
Please promptly kill yourself for being a massive faggot.
>>
>>7606238
OK so.. when i was 18, I once wrote a love letter to my girlfriend of 21 and called it 'Ouroboros' because i'd heard it was something about circle of life or something like that. So i thought oh wow! so edgy and cool and mysterious as fuck.

I printed it out, perfumed it and posted it to her. She absolutely loved it. So much so that she dumped me after that. She thought i was too depressing and morose and just like the title(which she had to look up online) we were eating each other alive and going in circles.

Moral of the story: Never title stuff you don't know shit about.

PS: i miss her every night
>>
>>7606238
you are going to love Gorice.. and his son...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.