[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he sell out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: the road.jpg (29 KB, 322x499) Image search: [Google]
the road.jpg
29 KB, 322x499
Did he sell out?
>>
That book inspired me than anything else i've read. The Road is good shit OP
>>
File: 1437084901052.jpg (1003 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1437084901052.jpg
1003 KB, 4500x4334
>>7604582

>proceed to peal Oprah's Book Club sticker off
>mfw it's not a sticker
>>
>>7604582

I did not care for The Road.

Blood Meridian on the other hand is incredible.

What other McCarthy is god tier?
>>
>>7604612
The Border Trilogy.
>>
>>7604612
Suttree, mothafucka
>>
>>7604612
No Country for Old Men although no one will admit it
>>
>>7604582
I did not really like this book... However, it did evoke a deep gut wrenching depression in me while reading it and for a couple days after. I read it in one sitting and while it drones on and isn't really a masterpiece, it's so (predictably) hopeless that it accomplishes what I feel like it was written to do. So I'm kind of on the fence.
>>
>>7604612
Suttree is God tier
Child of God and All the pretty Horses are great
The rest of the border trilogy is pretty good
>>
>>7604582

wait fuck, i thought orchard keeper was the first of the border trilogy. either way, im liking it. and i liked the road. and blood meridean. am i a pleb?
>>
>>7604749

no, you just like McCarthy a lot.
>>
>tfw he's right now writing a 1000 page masterpiece called The Passenger
>tfw he's old as fuck so it will be his last book
>tfw we may even see it this year
>tfw it will be his magnum opus
>>
>>7604778
where did you get that page count from?
>>
>>7604778
>magnum opus
>author is more than 35 years old

HAHAHAHA keep dreaming
>>
>>7604778
Genuinely excited.
>>
>>7604820
Can someone explain this meme?
>>
>>7604778
>1000 page
where did you get that from
>>
>>7605002
dfw
>>
>>7605033
Not factually or sensibly correct.
>>
>>7604582
How the hell are soccer milfs gonna read this book?
I am used to grimdark shit, but this was ridicilous.
>literally no chance
>no fucking chance
>only rape and cannibals grow in the nuclear winter
>>
>>7604603
Such things offend me as much as "Now a major motion picture"
>>
>>7604582

The Road got me into serious reading in highschool when it first came out. So it holds a special place in my heart
>>
>>7605136
same desu
>>
It's fucking great. How would he have known that also plebs like it? How's it selling out?
>>
I read The Road and No Country for Old Men, and found McCarthy's style to be extremely simple, and as if it described an arid butte. Is Blood Meridian any different?
>>
>>7605195
In Blood Meridian he tends to seesaw between his simple style and borderline purple prose. It's way better than both of those novels.
>>
I just finished it yesterday very meh book. Seemed like he wasn't even trying compared to Blood meridian.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.