[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think about this book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg (59 KB, 295x453) Image search: [Google]
Confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg
59 KB, 295x453
What does /lit/ think about this book?
>>
If I were the kind of social juggernaut who could manage to go on more than one date with a woman, it would honestly be my diary.
>>
My valve sputters at the mere sight of such a thing, o fortuna why do you mock me?
>>
An excellent presentation of autism.
>>
Toole would've shilled the fuck out of this here
>>
I hate it because it's like looking myself in the mirror.

It's great because of that.
>>
Pretty funny
>>
Felt bad reading it :( im a fuck up
>>
It makes me miss what New Orleans was.
>>
>>7604619
Exactly this. This book was written for pretentious NEETs so they may gain the self awareness Ignatius lacks.
>>
>>7604541
Lit loves this book
>>
I really didn't think it was very good

I tried to get a pic with the Ignatius statue last time I was in New Orleans but there were a bunch of bums sleeping around it so I didn't bother
>>
>>7604834
Would've made the pic significantly better
>>
do i need to read something before this book?
>>
>>7604541
>tfw when you realize Ignatius' disgusting obesity is now a normal aspect of the American South, and all the hotdogs he eats wouldnt compare to the typical neckbeard shoveling pizza and mountain dew down his throat...
>>
>>7605655
no

>>7604541
entertaining book. frightening how Toole essentially predicted the furry epidemic
>>
File: 846-05646366w.jpg (69 KB, 550x421) Image search: [Google]
846-05646366w.jpg
69 KB, 550x421
>>7605680
he basically predicted the collapse of the social male and the beginning of 21st century digital youth alienation.

The book would have been a lot more boring if he ignatius was 600 pounds and played DOTA all day tho.
>>
>>7604541
Ignatius+Underground man = /lit
>>
>>7605655
complete works of Boethius
>>
#relatable
>>
John Kennedy Toole was a seer

It's a shame he killed himself desu
>>
>>7605680
what part are you referring to?
>>
>>7605797
him jerking it to his dog, i presume
>>
>>7605805
that happened? I think humans have been creating human x animal stuff as long as we've had an imagination though. Its not just a 20th century phenomenom
>>
>>7604541
Replace the dog with tendies and the scimitar with a katana and the man tops Nostradamus
>>
>>7605695
I will say that Reddit is more Ignatius, but 4chan is entirely Underground more.

But I also loved ACofD, captures a personality we all know/are so well.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.