[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth reading? Also does anyone have a pdf? Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Is this worth reading? Also does anyone have a pdf? Don't feel like spending $16 on it

we had to read it last year when I was a senior in AP Lit but I didnt bother
>>
>oh btw I was in AP lit
Kill yourself.
>>
>>7604361
>being jealous of someone who took AP lit and barely got by with a B minus
don't be so petty anon, its just a high school course
>>
>>7604461
Kek. Everyone on this board from the US was in AP lit. You're the only faggot who thinks he needs to insert it in his stupid thread. There was no reason for it.
>>
>>7604028
Yes this book was very good when I read it. It opened up a new way of reading for me but that's probably because I used to read very little. It's not a fun read though but once you finish it you will be impressed.
>>
>>7604470
not me i dropped out of high school

do you actually read good literature in it?
>>
>>7604028

It's only helpful if you're a total pleb who can't even spot basic symbolism or subtext. If you've already got the basics down, there's not really anything enlightening in this book for you.
>>
>>7604490
i mean reading the literature equivalent of an beginner-level pop-sci book doesn't seem too scholarly or anything. couldnt they assign the 7 types of ambiguity or something, thats what a high school student should be reading.
>>
>>7604028
I just read it this year. Don't bother. Very rudimentary shit. There are literally chapters dedicated to:
"Rain=baptism"
"Shared meals=friendship/communion"
"Sex=highly symbolic"
"Injuries and diseases=indicative of larger character traits and themes (Richard's scoliosis and Humbert Humbert's heart attack are both used as fucking examples - I'm not shitting you; he's that trite.)"
"All of these rules are fluid and based upon context"
"Texts enrich themselves by taking meaning from previous texts. It is up to you to determine why and how."

You get the picture. Don't read it unless you're a poop-smeared baby bitchboi who can't even read.
>>
>>7604490
It was okay at my school. The best thing we Read was Aeschylus and Hamlet, though they also pushed The Awakening and some bullshit feminist reimagining of King Lear on us.
>>
>>7604470
Didn't you, by saying that everyone was in AP lit, imply that YOU were in AP lit, thus doing exactly what you accused OP of doing, you faggot?
>>
>>7604470
I was in Honors English senpai :3
>>
>>7605072
kek
>>
>>7604470
I wasn't. Just took your standard comp and modern fiction.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.