[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knausgaard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
Anyone else reading this guy? I'm at book 4 now and I feel like I should be bored with it but it's something about it that just sucks me in.

I'm reading the Swedish translation and a lot of it is very relatable, do people not living in the Nordic countries feel the same way?
>>
>>7602207
Wrong board, faggot
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7602207
That's a lot of /r9k/ memes and buzzwords in one post.

>>7602201
Just finished the whole series a few weeks ago myself. Book 2 is still my favourite.
>>
>>7602201
Is it consistently great through all six books? I don't want to waste my time.
>>
>>7602212
>>7602214

cuck is a /pol/ meme

oh and I can confirm >>7602207

OP is a cuckold
>>
>>7602214
>>7602212
You wouldn't be reading this book if it was the diary / long-winded biography of an average-looking guy. You're only reading it because you bought into the hype (read: meme) or because you're a betacuck looking to live vicariously through the eyes of some mysterious Scandi ladiesman.

"No, really, they eat this shit up"
-Karl Ove Knausgaard to his wife every time she enters his study
>>
>>7602218
>>7602216
>>7602207
We know you're samefagging, you can stop now. It's getting embarrassing.
>>
>>7602222
>7 replies
>6 posters
>3 samefags

Doesn't add up/
>>
>>7602216
It's the Chad thing, robotic friend.

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7602215
Book 3 is a pile of shit, but the rest are great. Book 6 gets a bit longwinded (it's like 1200 pages).
>>
>>7602225
quads of truth, nigger.
>>
>>7602214
Yeah liked the second one most so far too. I feel like he's kind of holding back in the first one, in the second he really lets loose.

>>7602215
Well I'm only at 4 but yeah I think they're all great. Just start reading 1 and see what you think.
>>
>>7602229
You must've been going through some bad times or whatever when you read 3 that influenced your reading. It's a bit different but it lines up perfectly with the other ones and keeps the same tone. The series would've been incomplete without it.
>>
>>7602239
I think if I finished book 1 i'd feel obligated to read them all. That's a big commitment if I end up not enjoying it.
>>
>>7602270
You'd read 3000 pages of something you don't enjoy because you'd feel obligated? I think you need to work on that.
>>
I don't get the Knausgaard is a cuck meme, I jusr finished the first book and he explicitly states there that he has had problems picking up girls.
Does he become a Chad later on or something?
>>
>>7602292
>I think you need to work on that.

Probably
>>
>>7602295
Teenage and young adult Knausgård is a bit of a cunt. I think in Book 5 he cheats on his girlfriend on like three different occasions. That has more to do with his alcohol problem though.
>>
>>7602308
>alcohol problem

So, so edgy.
>>
>>7602311
He's a writer, remember.
>>
>>7602316
It's a cliche.

>cuts himself with a knife after his gf leaves him
>drinks alcohol
>cheats on women
>smokes tobacco
>has children (kek)

He's an Art-Chad. And millions of edgy young beta guys are being cucked by reading him and making him famous and rich.
>>
>>7602322
>Chad
>edgy
>beta
>cucked

You need to spend some time off of 4chan, friend.
>>
>>7602322

>alpha/beta dichotomy

Are you 18?
>>
>>7602322
gtfo
>>>/r9k/
>>
I'm 47 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and an editor at my publishing house has read the first draft and think it's a bestseller.

I have a wife who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a large group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.
>>
What's the appeal of these books? Genuinely asking: does he have a fascinating talent for language/prose? Are his books insightful and something to live by/a warning for how not to live your life? Or is it just grim dark dramatic stuff that the scandinavians do so well?
>>
>>7602395
>does he have a fascinating talent for language/prose?

Yeah I think that's the pull. There's nothing super special or very poetic about it though, it just feels very honest and on point.

>Are his books insightful and something to live by/a warning for how not to live your life? Or is it just grim dark dramatic stuff that the scandinavians do so well?

It's definitely more than just grimdark stuff. Nothing to live by, maybe a warning if your under 25. I think it's mostly just a very honest description of the writers life and thoughts. It's the level of honesty I think is what is most appealing. And for me it has opened up new ways to see and think about the everyday world around me.
>>
>>7602322

You're not even aware of how utterly vapid you are, what a tragedy.
>>
>>7602454
Sounds very intriguing actually, will look into the books further. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>7602459
>utterly
>vapid
>>
File: fear.jpg (644 KB, 1600x1143) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
644 KB, 1600x1143
>And for me it has opened up new ways to see and think about the everyday world around me.

Elaborate.
>>
>>7602486

>>
>>
File: rare2.jpg (564 KB, 1280x1808) Image search: [Google]
rare2.jpg
564 KB, 1280x1808
mhmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xXuGbaXRc
>>
>>7602395
I think Knausgård has some very valuable things to say about the everyday triviality that makes up people's lives. Each novel deals with their own separate themes that range from the human experience of childhood, teens, adulthood, parenthood and eventual death. Along the way he throws in really insightful essay-like writings on art, literature and authenticity.
>>
>>7602525
Well, for example he might write about just going to your local convenience store and buying a pack of cigarettes, witch is something I'd normally do on autopilot: get the cigarettes and go home. But he writes about the street, the air, the light, the architecture, the particular feel of everything around him at that hour of the day, the desire to have sex with the girl at the counter and so on, in such a way that it opens up new ways for me to see everyday things.
>>
>>7602207
>being a bitter, insecure little bitch

Fuck off.
>>
>>7602207
Wow, so every normal, troubled guy is a "Chad" now?
>>
>>7602322
It's almost like he's a human being, not a 4chan amalgam of hatred and faggotry. Amazing, I wonder if there are more humans like him? Oh, wait, it's like 90% of the normal people outside of this website!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.