[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cormac McCarthy will die in your lifetime >Gene Wolfe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: raining feels.gif (233 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
raining feels.gif
233 KB, 500x275
>Cormac McCarthy will die in your lifetime
>Gene Wolfe will die in your lifetime
>Thomas Pynchon will die in your lifetime
>Thomas Littell will die in your lifetime
What books can I read that will help me come to terms with my own mortality?
>>
>>7601971
Schopenhauer's On Women
Hitler's Mein Kampf
Spengler's Decline of the West
Evola
The Culture of Critique Series

You'll want off this ride as soon as possible when you realize how degenerate this world is and have taken the redpill
>>
Literally who?

Kek. /mu/ was right. All you guys do is circlejerk some old white dudes and pretend to be patrician. Bunch of fucking sheep.
>>
>>7601976
Pretty unsurprisingly, the music board's area of expertise is music. The problem lies with you, not with the authors.
>>
>>7601975
You're just another neurotic.
>>
>>7601980
I'm redpilled. Your Jew-Freudian terms mean nothing.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
>>7601976
Sounds like /mu/ from the day is was created.

At least the smug cunts here actually read and have a plethora of bullshit writing to quote in order to win internet arguments.
>>
>>7601971
You forgot the only good living writer: Gass.
>>
Ashbery and Merwin are 88 and Albee is 87. Imagine if the USA's three best living writers all died in the same year.
>>
>>7602082
None of those people are Gass; therefore, they are not America's best living writers.
>>
>>7601971
It'd be cool if no one announces Pynchon's death. They'll just keep releasing books posthumorously.

Maybe his name could be a title that gets passed along to the chosen one (tm) or something just no clear line between pre and post death him
>>
>>7601984
Have you ever masturbated?
>>
>>7602282
You know, I've written some passages for Pynchon's book, maybe I could be the chosen one.
>>
File: victoryismine.png (508 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
victoryismine.png
508 KB, 555x555
>>7602293
Get back to work on your next book Tom.

>>7601971
>implying Pynchon will ever truely die

There is a hand to turn the time,
Thought they glass today be run,
Till the light that hath brought the towers low
Find the last poor pret'rite one...
Till the riders sleep by ev'ry road,
All through our crippl'd zone,
With a face on ev'ry mountainside,
And a soul in Ev'ry stone...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.