[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books that portray the NEET lifestyle in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What are some good books that portray the NEET lifestyle in a neutral or positive way?
I tried Bukowski's Factotum, but I thought it seemed so fake and overly romanticized.
>>
maybe Henry Miller.

you might try Against Nature, as well - I haven't read it, though.
>>
Tao Te Ching
>>
oblamov
>>
The metamorphosis desu :^)
>>
>>7601005
>he got the complete opposite message than he was supposed to

wew lad

the correct answer, OP, is ready player one :^)
>>
You should consider that the NEET lifestyle may be inherently a terrible condition to live in.
>>
File: cover.jpg (40 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
40 KB, 500x450
>>7603154
Much like life itself, my friend
>>
>>7601005

Came here to post this. Also confederacy of dunces. It was like he knew he was living in a pre-tendies world and complained accordingly
>>
>>7603113
>the correct answer, OP, is ready player one
Are you the same guy recommending this in every other thread? If so, I must say that I admire your attempt to make a meme of ridiculing that unforgivable attempt at writing, keep it up.
>>
Epicurus, in a qualified sense.
>>
>>7600923
Henry James' Lesson Of The Master, it's /lit/: The Novella
>>
I'm currently halfway through editing the fourth installment of my six-part memoir. I deal with the idea of voluntary resignation from social duties throughout my work, in fact you may call it one of my "central themes". Over the past several years since becoming NEET, a spartan regime has allowed me to read hundreds of books, each cataloged and thoroughly analysed post-reading. My research on the concept of living a free life (as I currently am) has been so deep and profound that the conclusion I have drawn and the lifestyle I maintain as a consequence of this conclusion is justified by several dozens philosophers, novelists, thinkers and public intellectuals. But as I said my memoir is yet to be published, so I don't want to give too much away. When it does finally enter public consciousness I have no doubt it will serve as an accurate representation for my generation, and will linger for generations as historical testament when mankind finally awoke from its masochistic slumber and demanded more from their lives than a tedious routine imposed from without.
>>
The Right to be Lazy - Paul Lafargue
>>
>>7605237
Go to bed, Ove.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.