[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Picked these up at the local Goodwill store an hour ago. I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Picked these up at the local Goodwill store an hour ago. I was looking for a copy of infinite jest but came up empty. I guess people are reluctant to donate it cause it gives their shelves so much elite reader cred.

My question is which of these do I read first? Which should go straight into the trash?
>>
Dump them all except for Melville and Homer
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
They were cheap enough so that I won't feel bad if I never read a few of them.

>>7600549
Is that a decent translation of Homer?
>>
>>7600549
Actually, this is good advice OP.
>>
>>7600543
lol 3 negro classics
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7600561
It's a area of lit that I've never dipped into. Except raisin in the sun as required reading in high school. A black lady rung me up too. Made it kind of awkward.
>>
>>7600580
Fucking iPhone. Sorry about the rotations.
>>
>>7600556
It's Lombardo. I like it, but it's meant to be spoken. This is maybe the only time I privilege the audio book.
>>
>>7600543
Is that greek drama mass market?
>>
Dumb all the fiction + the prince.

Read Common Sense and Orwell.
>>
>>7600926
Yeah it's nothing special.
>>
File: 1451230923014.jpg (796 KB, 1280x1823) Image search: [Google]
1451230923014.jpg
796 KB, 1280x1823
Read whichever one you find the most interesting -- but if you haven't read Animal Farm before, you should probably get that out of the way.
>>
>>7600543
Common Sense and Orwell will be the first ones to read, then the Greeks after those two. As for the others, read a few pages, and go from there.
>>
>>7601031
I read Animal Farm years ago and remember very little of it. I'll probably go with that first.
>>
>>7600543
>Oddysey
>Greek Drama
>The Prince
>Common Sense
>Dracula
>The Road

Keep the rest for a rainy day.
>>
>>7600543
>I guess people are reluctant to donate it cause it gives their shelves so much elite reader cred.

Maybe they enjoyed it and didn't want to give their copy away.
>>
Read the negro one and report back to us pls.
>>
File: 20160117_211308.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160117_211308.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread

I just finished the Iliad. I'll be away from my main bookshelf, and consequently, the Odyssey, for about a week. I brought some books, but can't decide what to read. Any suggestions?

As a side note, I've never read any of these, but I have read other works by Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, and Hemingway. I have not read anything by Plato, DeLillo, Pipes, Bulgakov, or Scott.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.