[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prose Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: PRoseLogo.png (38 KB, 955x480) Image search: [Google]
PRoseLogo.png
38 KB, 955x480
What is /lit/'s opinion on prose?

There are different explanations (words not in verse, words in best order, etc).

Is there some specific order to arrange your words, so as to be widely accepted?

Do you have to use as many obscure old archaic words as possible?

Do you have to fit as many double entendres as possible in a sentence /paragraph?

What is purple prose? What is pink prose?

I guess a prose thread.

Give examples of your best prose, possibly a paragraph long, on any topic, others judge your ability.
>>
With all the talks of shit prose, for this, and purple prose, for that, I thought you guys would be experts.

Seems like i was mistaken.
>>
Read Moby-Dick, Lolita and Blood Meridian. They all have great prose but are very different. There isn't one formula for good prose. The answer to your questions are yes and no.
>>
>>7601032
>i come ro lit to shitpost
>>
>>7600404

Is there some specific order to arrange your words, so as to be widely accepted?
>many ways

Do you have to use as many obscure old archaic words as possible?
>no, word choice should reflect other aspects of the piece

Do you have to fit as many double entendres as possible in a sentence /paragraph?
>no, only if there is tension building up to it

What is purple prose? What is pink prose?
>big words with little meaning/relevance, overcompensation for lack of meaning and/or skill
>don't know what pink prose is
>>
>>7600404
OP, you want to discuss prose/writing, on a board that doesn't even read?

Everyone just shitposts memes, no one here actually reads, or writes.
>>
>>7603227
He said, memeing.
>>
>>7603227
I just thought it would be fun.
>>
>>7601921

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>7604514
>Who are you quoting?
Voted worst meme of 2014!
>>
>>7604514
>>7604554
Don't derail an ontopic thread because you want more room to meme post.
>>
>>7600404
my opinion on prose? i think it's nice. nice like dese nuts *points to nutsack*
>>
File: 1452654363577.png (192 KB, 376x390) Image search: [Google]
1452654363577.png
192 KB, 376x390
I'm currently ~100 pages into Infinite Meme and I feel the prose quality is all over the place.

Where does it rate on a scale of god tier to shit tier?
>>
>>7604609
The 'meme post' served as a bump to the first page.

The more you know
>>
>>7604659
chuck-palahniuk-tier poplit
>>
What are some books with beautiful prose? Just read The Great Gatsby and loved it and then Clockwork Orange but I didn't like it as much. (Going through the /lit starter) been reading since I was a kid, read many things but they weren't all good.
>>
>>7605245
Bump please
>>
>>7605780
Another shameless bump
>>
Let this shit thread fucking die
>>
>>7606276
>you guys actually want to speak about literature
>let this thread die
>>
>>7605245
the waves
>>
>>7606952
Prose is a fucking reddit-tier meme, you fucking newfag.

>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>7606966
Prose is a reddit meme? You're fitting in wrong. Get the fuck out and go back to imgur or reddit or wherever else you came from.
>>
>>7606966
>Prose is a fucking reddit-tier meme, you fucking newfag

Is that why people ride dfw's dick, proclaiming his prose erection enabling?
>>
Is it lame to end a non-rhyming poem with a rhyme?
Is it tired and generic or did i dream that?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.