[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
horror/psychological/creepy audiobooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Im looking for something in this genre what works well as an audiobook,or even better than reading it maybe.
Something like the house of leaves?

When I say like the house of leaves I mean something what gives you that creepy eerie feeling.But works well through audio.
>>
>>7597072
If there's a John Dies At the End audiological tape, then that would fit.
>>
I imagine that I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream would be good.

Definitely The Fall of the House of Usher. It reads like it was made to be heard read aloud. He even wrote the final phrase in all caps in the original script, ostensibly indicating the reader should hear it in a booming, horror-movie-preview-guy type voice. If an audio version included a couple key sound effects, it would really be terrific.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>7597082
That was a fucking awful film.
>>
>>7597092
Ill have a little look for them two (tpb has them but no seders) been meaning to read I have no mouth I must scream for a while as well.

" If an audio version included a couple key sound effects, it would really be terrific."

thats the sort of audiobooks im looking for.

Some audiobooks are just read out by bland people and you may as just read the book rather than listen to it if you're able.But some like one of the discworld books im listening to are done good because they put on voices for different characters and say things the way they should be said rather than just saying the words.
>>
>>7597094
The book is amazing. There have been like 20 good movies ever and like 2 were based on books.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.