[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are your personal requirements to consider a book being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: girls-on-walls.jpg (90 KB, 500x693) Image search: [Google]
girls-on-walls.jpg
90 KB, 500x693
what are your personal requirements to consider a book being "good"?
>>
unread
>>
>>7595733
>"good"
I want a book to make me feel some real emotion or make me think in ways I usually don't.
>>
Something happens on the first page, and things keep happening. That and accessible prose that's not too shallow and not too lofty, that middle ground just right conversational prose like an old, trusted friend is relaying a story.
>>
>>7595733
It must be unintelligible.
>>
>>7595733
It has over 9000 pages.
>>
>>7595742
>>7595746
i like those
>>
It has to have pictures.
>>
>>7595748
>>7595756
why?
>>
>>7595756
>>7595748
These.
>>
I don't have a system because I'm not autistic
>>
it needs credible characters
>>
It has to be a sardonic critique of something.

That's why I only read post Kafka literature.
>>
Really big words that you have to look up in a dictionary
>>
>>7595769
nobody really has. but if you look at the books you like, what's the thing they have in common?
>>
>>7595776
I enjoyed them senyourey
>>
>>7595775
what was the last word you had to look up?
>>
File: Wilhelm_Reich.jpg (14 KB, 229x346) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelm_Reich.jpg
14 KB, 229x346
right here this one made me keep a dictionary in my pants 24/7 for like 10 days

last word i used to look up was woemen lol
>>
>>7596297
are you spamming this for a particular reason? i was thinking about ordering it the other day
>>
>>7596304
excuse me why dont you weigh yourself and come back here when you gro a pair of tits
>>
It sucks me into the story, I begin to think like the protagonist.
>>
I have to like it
>>
>>7595769
>tripcode
>not autistic
>free space
Pick 1, but not the third one.
>>
That it not be "bad."
>>
>>7596357
I select the Tripcode, mantle of mine fate
>>
the cover is all that matters
>>
If the author is dead.
>>
>>7595733
it has to be big and heavy enough to break a window

multiple volumes and editions are a plus

like marx's das kapital
>>
>>7596502
roland plz go
>>
>>7595779
Not that anon but . . .

The last thing I looked up was "fine รก l'eau", turned out to be the French term for a brandy with water.

The last English word I had to look up was eldritch.
>>
>>7595776

>lit
>so caught up in dismissing the contemporary that they forget about the narrative fallacy.

"What's the thing that the books you've read all had in common?" That he's read them, dumbass. If you stick to a narrow subject thinking you've found the superior genre of literature, you're gonna miss out.
>>
Bloom-sama must approve of it, or at least its author.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.